Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i need to swap my DX drivers side engine mount, for an SI drivers side engine mount. Because im installing stiff mount inserts, and they didn't make a kit that included a DX insert, it was the only mount that was off.

So i've got the SI mount and bracket already, but now i need to switch out the old, and install the new. I need to remove the timing belt cover, and im not sure exactly how to do that, i've never messed with a timing belt.

any help? or write-ups already. I've searched, but cant find anything specific.

and it's a 95 hatch, ahh the engine was swapped, to be honest, im not sure of the exact model, pretty sure it's a d15 zc vtec. sorry, i didn't drop it in there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
the mount should be the same but if you must switch it.....you must unbolt the flywheel loosen the vavle cover and the 10mm bolts just take all those off that hold the cover on and after that you should be fine. after that its just popping the cover off and changing the bracket....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, you said i gotta unbolt the flywheel.. but i may actually be able to just get the top half of the timing cover off, i noticed it is two seperate parts, top half, and bottom half.

ill try to post pics if i do it.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
i have no idea why you would have to loosen the flywheel because the flywheel is on the opposite side of the block and has nothing to do with the timing belt. to get to it you would need to remove the transmission. if you search for a t-belt DIY you will likely find the answer that you are looking for, and you will probably also notice that pulling the transmission is not listed anywhere in the steps. GL

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
i just wiggled the lower timing cover around to get the mount off the block. it wasnt super easy, but i couldnt get the crank pulley off at the time so its what i had to do. not sure why you want to swap that part anyways since it should be the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts