Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to swap my d15b7 for a d16y7 in my DD a 92 civic lx sedan automatic. I think i can use everything off the d15 and it should be straight forward swap. Anyone of any problems that i may run into? Ill post pics of progress.

·
Registered
00 civic
371 Posts
well u gonna need v tec ecu for the v tec and dont use the d15 intake manifold ,go aftermarket or get d16y8 manifold
This is why noobs should only be allowed to ask questions not answer them!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok well got the rear oil seal in last night. I woke up this morning and put the motor in, I have it running and set the timing now i just have to put the ac compressor and power stearing in. here are pics. Even though no one pays attention to my treads because im a newbie.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok guys who don't comment or rep or nothing. I know it is not a big engine swap but it's only the second motor that i have swaped and it feels nice. well here are the before and after pics if anyone is out there please comment.
Before

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it ran kinda sluggish and then it left me stranded. I think one of my sensors is going out. It runs fine at idle but when i open the trottle it tries to die out even if i open it all the way. i think it may be the trottle position sensor. What do you guys think???

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Having problems with my car I swapped my d15b7 for the d16y7 and my oil light blinks radomely. Is it my oil pump going out? How do i check (can i take the valve cover off and see if oil is squirting. And also was thinking of dropping the oil pan and removing my oil pick up to clean it with carb cleaner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts