Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats going on guys ?? i am going to do a swap in april of 07, when i get ny lazy ass to the bank to get a loan or start to save some major bank roll, well im debating on doing the JDM B16 swap, DOHC Vtec motor, from hmotorsonline, that is what every one around here is telling me to do, i need some thing with more power, i know every one on here is d series pros, any one have any suggestions on what swap to do ? the B16 swap is going to run me about $2200 for every thing i need,

Thanks

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
i paid for a complete swap once.... i'll never do it again, the b16 is a good motor but lacks tq single cams will stay with you till you hit third gear.

do this piece together a ls/vtec or a poormans type R you can have a way stronger motor for the same price

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
or spend 800 bucks on a hmt and smoke b series cars...

lol.. my friend has a 290whp 332tq neon srt4.. 1st gear roll i was right next to him till the top of 3rd..... WITH MY DX TRANNY.. tell me a b16 in my car would do the same lol

anyway... im not trying to stray you off your path.. but if your gonna swap it dont do b16 like the other guy said ls/vtec b20/vtec gsr poor mans r

my friend oscar is building a b20/v we got the bare block for 100 bucks.. got a gsr crank for 150, eagle rods off ebay used for 200, je pistons off ebay used for 180 and new oil pump new water pump... his head is going to get pnp'd with stage 2 cams...

so all together his setup is going to cost him around 2-2600 and i guarantee he's over 260whp na with prolly 200tq

anyway.. dont waste your money on another 1.6:TU:

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
you can boost the d and walk over semi modded bs. or you can boost a stock gsr and walk boosted ds

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Not to be a dick dude but don't get a loan for an engine swap that's just dumb. A d swap would be most economical. You can pick up used d's cheap and with a d you won't need mounts, tranny, etc. Not to mention what happens if you blow your new B swap up? You'll be up shit creek for sure. If you blow up your d though..meh you may have some down time but the d will be cheaper to replace. Not to mention you can upgrade the d's internals on the cheap. Vitaras + TT rods < $400 for cheap boosted fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts