Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a stock 1990 civic HB and I just bought a D16A6 Engine, trans and ECU and I was wondering what modifications I need to do to make this engine run in my car? Also is there a web site I can go to so I can read up on engine swaps.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a D16A6 engine trans and ecu and i'm swaping it into a 1990 civic HB DX 5sp and I'm wondering what modification need to be done to make this engine fit/work in my car.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Do you have the wiring harness? Resistor box?
If i am not mistaken, you are going from a DPI to MPFI.
I did this swap years ago into my LX.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
DPFI to MPFI conversion.

Do that, and you're done. Also, grab a 90/91 SI guage cluster, so you can enjoy a tachometer :), it's plug and play, no rewiring for that.

If you dont feel comfortable doing your wiring for the SI motor, buy a conversion harness from www.rywire.com

I hear they're great. :) Good luck, and have fun, the SI motor is delicious

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reply to question

I don't have the wiring harness, I'm doing the wiring myself the only thing I need help on is running the wires to the injector resistor box these are the instructions given to me

Mount the injector resistor box up on the drivers side shock tower.
- Connect the yellow/black wires from the two DPFI injector harnesses and run it to the yellow/black wire on the injector resistor box.
- Connect the yellow wire from the DX injector to the #1 injector (brown wire).
- Connect the red wire from the DX injector and run it to the #3 injector (blue wire).
- Connect the wire you labelled A3 to the #2 injector (red wire).
- Connect the wire labelled A7 to the #4 injector (yellow wire).
- Then, connect the 4 red/black wires coming from injector resistor box to each of the four injectors.

I'm confused on the part were it says connect the yellow/black wires from the two DPFI injector harnesses and run it to the yellow/black wire on the injector resistor box, do I connect the both of the DPFI injector wires to the yellow/black wire on the resistor box.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
It will still be the same as putting in an A6. Only you will have to wire up Vtec with the Z6.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The engine I got is a D16Z6 instead of a A6 so I need to know how to run V-tech also.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
Not trying to be a dick but do a search. Try searching for "Mini-me" threads.
I know your doing the whole swap and not just the head but wiring will be the same.
You can go the cheap route and activate vtec using an rpm activation switch. If you do this make sure you invest in an adjustable fuel pressure regulator so you can richin up you fuel mixture a bit. The best method is to convert your car over to OBD1 and run a p28 ecu. But this can be a headache. Especially if your not mechanically inclined. just search around and weigh the options. Hope this helped and good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts