Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I haven't been here for lonf time///nice to be here again.

So i swaped my carb version of engine to 130 hp version of d15b engine/ I have some fotos of work - so, are u interested in review? Can i put photos of the process here?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow...havent been here for so long =) but now i've time to tell u my swapstory (plz don't lough on my english, it's not my motherlanguage)

1. Well, i had a d15b3 engine with carb and one day i found out that i can't drive on my car =) The engine didn't work. So i took the money and bought jdm d15b with 2 vtec solenoids and 'bout 130 hp.

2. INSTALLATION

2.1. There's now problem with taking off old engine and installing new one. They are identical.
Here is some fotos.
Old carb engine =)

New JDM one ('bout 60000 miles run for 450 dollars with intake and othe stuff but without controller (i don't now the exact word for "the brain of a car =)))")

As u can see the engine was from a car with AT - so i took my old flyweel (again don't know exact word) from MT/

PROBLEMS.
As engine was from AT car (96 year) it had 3-pin EACV, but controller had only 2 pins for EACV (old one). We decided to install intake from d16A (d16A6 maybe in USA).

installed engine (wires still outside =))) with d16A intake

here u can see 2pin eacv

Controller is OBD II///i dont remember exact number, but it was installed on integra.

So that's my story....short but true =) Have questions? - Ask me =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts