Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm sorry for my english. I'm from russia and my english is really bad. Sorry if i have placed this topic in wrong place, i can't read rules of your forum properly.
I've bought civic EF with d13b engine, single carb. Now i want to swap dohc d16a9+dual carb. No ecu, no sensors, etc. The thing is, in my country old honda is rarity, nobody knows anything about it, no information. So i'm very glad to found your site.
My questions:
-- which parts (like starter, water pump, alternator, exhaust collector etc) from d13b1 fit d16a9 "bolt on" or with minimum adaptations?
-- i've read some topics about swaping 2carbs to dohc on your forum where people discuss what distributor is it possible to set. But there are no results. I know that i can use distributor from old dohc-carbed integra, but it's impossible to find it in my country. I wonder if i can somehow set distributor from d13 sohc on my d16a9. I don't want to buy special ignition blocks.
p.s. intake manifold is handmade because in russia you can't buy adaptation plate.
Thank you very much for reading and answering and sorry for my english one more time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You will need to mod the stock dizzy to fit as it doesn't bolt up. I.E cut it up and weld it or make some form of adapter.

Pretty sure that thread you mention was one i started, there's no results as i haven't got anywhere with it. If i do go DOHC i will use electronic ignition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts