Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, i just swapped a d16y8 into my 92 civic dx and i discovered that the power steering hose won't fit on the power steering pump from the y8 and the power steering pump from my original motor (d15b7 i think) won't bolt on to my new y8 engine. What's the deal? Additionally, i had to use the injectors from my b7 on my y8 because y8 injectors wouldn't plug into my obd1 wiring harness, and when i started the car for the first time after the swap, the injectors were leaking fuel everywhere, should i get new injectors? replace the gaskets/rings/rubberthingysthatholdthemin or what?
sorry for being a total n00b, Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
the o-rings are slightly different size... at least that's what I remember. If your o-rings are old and dry, that would help contribute to the leaking problem. Replace them with cheap orings from pepboys... no need to pay dealer prices.

·
Registered
251 Posts
hose

is the p/s hose too short or diff. size? if too short go to local auto store and get a longer hose, if diff. size you should be ale to find a copper reducer at a hardware store (lowes, ace, homedepot) inthe plumbing section.
yes, you will need to replace the injector seals its best if you use oem for the lower seals (intake mani.), the rubberboots at the top appear to be a secondary seal so if in good shape use it, and the o-rings at the top (fuel rail) can be any as long as they are gasoline resistant/proof, but are only about 2 bucks each for oem.
the reason that the y8 injectors didn't work is because they're from an obd-2 system and your car is obd-1. both injectors flow they same amount of fuel so all is goood.

·
Registered
88 CRX
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the pics of what i'm talking about, the hose is long enough to reach but the mounting point and nossle(?) is completely different. I obviously have to use my old power steering pump unless there is a way to swap the hose. Although ideal, that seems impossible because the two hoses mount to the steering assembly in different ways. I'm gonna try swapping the bracket that holds the power steering pump in place, as well. Has anyone come across this problem before?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts