Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this turbo on ebay. Its off an SVO mustang and the listing says the wastegate hole is ported. any info?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
"How many PSI can I run on stock internals???"

It's definitely a bigger turbo. It will need a set of forged rods to be properly utilized.

Will be laggy too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasnt askin how many psi. lol. but you did answer my questions. i didnt really think i would be able to find it in the stickies since its an svo turbo. thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ran one, loved it. made 208 whp and 173 tq on 12 psi with my y8. I have a dyno sheet if you'd like to see also. I was able to reach full boost at around 4000-4500 rpm. Started spooling at about 2500-3000 rpm.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
It's smaller than the Chinese t3/t04e I am running (along with a lot of other people), and mine spools 8psi at 4500. This should spool that (and maybe more) by 4k.

While not a small turbo, I would not call it a big turbo. It would be similar to running a big wheel 16G. It is a good turbo that will make 200whp without being laggy like a t3/t04e, but is capable of making 300whp (ish) if you decide later that you want more power.

The ported WG port is to keep it from creeping.

I am switching out the t3/t04e I am currently running for the same turbo. Take a look at TheAssassin's build thread. He is using a similar turbo, but with the .48 exhaust side. Your .63 turbine will spool only a couple hundred rpm later.

http://www.key-ideas.com/T3T04ETurbo.html
This site shows the difference between the t3 60 and the turbo a lot of other people are running.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I used a t3 .60/.63, externally gated on my old built a6 at 15-18 psi and it was perfect for the street, not laggy at all, and pulled crazy through the entire gear, highway runs were nuts.

I still have the turbo in perfect condition, but because its sat a while Ill probably have it rebuilt / checked

Its a sick turbo, but genuine ones generally arent cheap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts