Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i just wanted to post and ask for pics if anyone had any of their sve 3 bar map sensor installed.

Just to be sure, ill just go ahead and ask:

- I need to cut the wires leading to the oem map sensor, and run those wires to the sve unit?

- are there any other special things that need to be done to run the new 3 bar?

- anyone have any tips or hints to make the install so smoother?

thanks

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
Your sve unit should have come with instructions. I cut my stock plug off and wired it to the 3 bar map sensor plug I bought so it was plug and play. I used a long bolt to mount it to the firewall.

here is where I have it mounted on the firewall, it has the orange plug.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your sve unit should have come with instructions. I cut my stock plug off and wired it to the 3 bar map sensor plug I bought so it was plug and play. I used a long bolt to mount it to the firewall.

here is where I have it mounted on the firewall, it has the orange plug.

yeah, it came with instuctions and everything, i just wanted to get an idea of mounting location and just double check the install of the wiring.

It doesnt look like it will be hard at all, just a few simple connections and.......FINISHED. im gonna get that done tonight.

by the way, your engine bay is really clean. It looks great!!!!!!:TU:

Did you do a tuck or anything like that?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one last question.......where are you pulling vacuum from? It looks like you pulling it somewhere other than where the oem map sensor was pulling it.

i was planning on just using the vaccum line that hooked to the oem map sensor.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
some ppl build a home made block off plate with a little fitting on it. they then take a hose connect that fitting to the new map sensor and walah.

others sandwich the new map sensor into the hold map sensor housing for a stock look

i haven't figured out exactly how i want to do mine yet

-Luke

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
one last question.......where are you pulling vacuum from? It looks like you pulling it somewhere other than where the oem map sensor was pulling it.

i was planning on just using the vaccum line that hooked to the oem map sensor.
no tuck on my car at all.

I used my stock oem map sensor to block the hole on the throttle body. You could pull it off, drill and tap it for a vacuum fitting. At first I was pulling vacuum off my fuel pressure regulator. I was also pulling vacuum for my bov and boost guage from there as well but I didnt like that. I drilled and tapped my manifold for vacuum fittings instead of buying a vacuum block like golden eagle sells. it ended up working out to be much cleaner.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so you left your oem map sensor on the tb, with the vacuum still connected to it? i guess ill just pull vacuum from my vacuum manifold.....thats what it for anyway.

thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I was looking around on Tuner Toys and they make a MAP Sensor Adapter Piece so you can run a vacuum line to your new 3 Bar. I have a question about those 3 Bar Map Sensors though. To install one do you just wire it into your stock MAP sensor and plug it in?

Here is a link to what I am talking about

http://tunertoys.zoovy.com/product/MAPTER

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was looking around on Tuner Toys and they make a MAP Sensor Adapter Piece so you can run a vacuum line to your new 3 Bar. I have a question about those 3 Bar Map Sensors though. To install one do you just wire it into your stock MAP sensor and plug it in?
you just cut the wires to the oem and wire them to the 3 bar as described by the diagram that comes with the directions.....

its pretty simple. i was gonna do mine tonight, but i did the resistor box instead, which was prolly more difficult than the map sensor install.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what that piece is for from tuner toys is, is to mount where yout original oem map sensor was......if you take the oem one off and dont put anything in its place, you will have leaks from the tb....so that is basically a plate to cover it with a vacuum line built into it.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts
so you left your oem map sensor on the tb, with the vacuum still connected to it? i guess ill just pull vacuum from my vacuum manifold.....thats what it for anyway.

thanks for your help!!
I just used my oem one to plug the hole on my tb. works easy. I also have the oem map sensor plug in my toolbox that is in the car. When I cut it off, I made sure to add a connector to both the oem plug and the gm 3 bar in case I ever needed to go back to stock asap. That way it is just plug and play if ever needed.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The SVE kits comes with instructions for Hondas. Instead of cutting the stock connector off, just tap into the wires and leave the connector on. That way if you need to revert (oh no!) you can just cut the 3Bar connector off and connect up your stock sensor.

The Mapter just makes it easy to install the 3Bar MAP. You don't need to tap into any lines or ports, just put it in in place of your factory sensor and then run a line from it to your 3Bar MAP. No tapping, or drilling, or trying to figure out which other ports can be used.

Here is a pic of the Mapter installed...

There is an install write up here - Installation Guide for Tuner Toys MAp Adapter for 3 Bar MAP Sensors

Buy your's here! - 3 Bar MAP Adpters from Tuner Toys

Thanks from Craig

Craig

1 - 12 of 12 Posts