Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know for a fact! that this has been covered before in the past.....But i cannot seem to find it...anyways...seems like everyones Excuse lol...but really....i am going to get ahold of a Z6 block and have decedied to build the Bottem end....now i want to run "stock" bore Vitara pistons, with Tuner Toyz rodz....iam going to build for Turbo...but when i get it all together i wont have the turbo on yet.....The question is, how will the engine run off boost...as it is a tad bit lower on compression?? will it be a dog...or will i not even notice a difference...?? anyone with Experience please please...!! hahah, feel free to put some input on this......for some reason the inner beaing in me wants to know!! haha thx guys....oh yeah...Drink up!! Cheers!! haha lil tipsy!! :beer:

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
mine feels just as piggishly slow as any n/a civic when its out of boost.
not really slower. i dont think youd notice any differance. just a noisy ass motor when i warm it up in the morning.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Stock y7 with vitaras here. It's slow like a civic normally is out of boost. No real different than my girlfriend's stock sedan until around 4k rpm.

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
n/a d-series are all dogs :p
]

LOL........hahah for sure.....but i do plan on getting the Turbo....Just my current block is eating oil Alive! like a quart mabe every 3-4 days....and it has to be blowing by the lovley ring's...The head was just redone...port & polish job..etc...
i herd with the Vitara;s in a Z6 block with a Y8 head yield around 8:9 compression?? now not sure what HG is being used....but i think that is accurate..anyways..it is glad to know that it wont be a dogg too much out of boost...i do plan on driving it around to break it in..etc..plus to save money up for the turbo build.. :TU:

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wouldnt put vitaras in until its turboed... but thats just me.. my cars slow enough as is right now.. why make it slower on the way to getting faster lol
Because my current stock setup in the lower end is blowing by oil like crazy....i want to build the block and boost it anyways...so i figured i would take care of the lower end first....then break it in...then put the turbo build together and boost the shit out of it...Besides...i dont think i could wait to break it in with a fat ass turbo on it lol! :TU:

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
i wouldnt put vitaras in until its turboed... but thats just me.. my cars slow enough as is right now.. why make it slower on the way to getting faster lol
like i said, i have a vitara setup. out of boost it doesnt feel any differant than my n/a del sol with a z6 and 90,000 miles on the odometer. in fact in his case he might increase performance due to the fact that his rings are already poop.

Because my current stock setup in the lower end is blowing by oil like crazy....i want to build the block and boost it anyways...so i figured i would take care of the lower end first....then break it in...then put the turbo build together and boost the shit out of it...Besides...i dont think i could wait to break it in with a fat ass turbo on it lol! :TU:
my method of breaking motors in.
run it easy for 20 miles.
rip on it 4 times wot.
change the oil.
add boost.
enjoy.

motoman ftw. set the rings while the crosshatch is nice and fresh.
heres the link.
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
you're just jealous of all the high 14 second highly modified NA d's on the board. :p ;-)
bwahahah... what about the low 15 second stock d series on the board?? like mine d16z6 intake exhaust 15.15 185-70-13's lmfao gotta know how to drive that shiet first

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
i have low comp wiseco pistons without the turbo setup yet. its a lot quicker than before. but then again i have pnp head and bored out .020. it sucks at low end power but once the rpm's pick up it starts to move.

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good! Thx guys for all your input!

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
bwahahah... what about the low 15 second stock d series on the board?? like mine d16z6 intake exhaust 15.15 185-70-13's lmfao gotta know how to drive that shiet first
...that was kind of the base of my joke. see.. if you can manage low 15's, and then with a semi-built NA engine, you're only in the high 14's.......

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
...that was kind of the base of my joke. see.. if you can manage low 15's, and then with a semi-built NA engine, you're only in the high 14's.......
it was raining when i ran my car.. i had 1 run... my motor was not built.. 20 dollar apc intake and 150 dollar exhaust with a chip for a b16 untuned

but i wouldnt spend as much money into my motor as i did on my turbo setup cause i know id prolly only be low 14's instead of 13's...

in a way na is better because you have the power all the time.. turbo u gotta wait.. but i have launch controll so i dont have to wait lol but anyway...

turbo is the cheap way to go.. i spent a total of 700 on my kit

·
Registered
76 Posts
mine feels just as piggishly slow as any n/a civic when its out of boost.
not really slower. i dont think youd notice any differance. just a noisy ass motor when i warm it up in the morning.

Dude, i thought it was just me!! I just got my car back a couple days ago from the shop and i thought it was unusally loud at start up. good to hear its not just me.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX Si
146 Posts
Dude, i thought it was just me!! I just got my car back a couple days ago from the shop and i thought it was unusally loud at start up. good to hear its not just me.
So building with vitara/Tuner rods will make it louder? Is it a good loud or an annoying loud? I only ask because im getting rdy to build on a6 sitting in the garage or my z6 in the car now. I may swap a6 back in to do z6 but im not sure yet.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
So building with vitara/Tuner rods will make it louder? Is it a good loud or an annoying loud? I only ask because im getting rdy to build on a6 sitting in the garage or my z6 in the car now. I may swap a6 back in to do z6 but im not sure yet.
you will get piston slap, especially when the motor is cold

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts