Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a good set of cheap ebay coilovers? Looking for something good that wont break the pocket?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
the best cheap coilovers are progress series 2, i think they go for about $650 though they go on sale for as low as $550 historically

·
Super Moderator
3,937 Posts
looks good but performs like shit? any ebay brand under 100$. /thread

·
Registered
5,841 Posts
all coilovers I have tried that were UNDER $500 normally priced have failed in under 3 months.

Spent $280 on coilovers for the hgih mileage accord, they are toast with under 5k miles, and they were at the HIGHEST spring setting, aka, near stock ride height. Still failed.

I guarentee they would not have made it even 500 miles if I had lowered the fucking thing.

Wasnt about to spend 600-1000 on a 300 car

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can usually find pretty good deals on legit name brand parts on ebay. But please do yourself a favor, and save up a little longer and buy a quality part. The unbranded cheap stuff on ebay is crap to say the least.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is K-tuned a good quality suspension? I just bought it not too long ago. I have yet to drive with it. Still finishing the engine build.

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
Personally i have had great success with Eibach sport lowering springs. They are not a conventional coilover setup. But this lowering spring coupled with a decent damper will improve overall handeling and performance. Its cheap, very affective and best bang for your buck IMO.

My $0.02

1 - 9 of 9 Posts