Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what ive found, sedan/HB struts and springs can work on my 90 wagon. But I cant find out if any modification is needed or what the ride height will be. So are they direct bolt on? And will sedan/HB strut/springs keep my wagon at stock ride height or will it be lower? Thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,110 Posts
have you crosschecked the part numbers with eachother and see if theyre the same thing?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant even find them to cross check, I found some p/n's but its from a old post years ago and idk if they're accurate. I searched them and couldnt find anything. These were the numbers.

FL: U2818
FR: U2817
R: U2847

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Usually when I have questions like this, I tend to browse through parts store inventory, and sometimes you will find one or two brands that match up. Some, like Monroe or KYB, actually tend to change small stuff liek spring rate or length, even if they directly interchange.

But yes, you can use civic and crx suspension parts on your civic wagovan, as long as it is ONLY 2WD chassis. The AWD chassis uses some unique parts.

You can confirm this by looking up OEM honda parts websites (majestic, myhondapartsstore, etc..) and look at things such as bushing part numbers in the control arms, the front fork part number, and the top collar mount part numbers.

Do this prior to buying anything for your honda, and you will attain a great wealth of factory interchangability

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is a 2wd. I went to myhondapartsstore and its shows the wagons left side strut p/n is 51602-SH9-J73 and the hatchback is 51602-SH0-J24. Whats the difference? Are any additional parts needed besides the strut and spring to make it work? And modification or direct bolt on?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts