Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up everyone.

I have posted about a problem with my suspension before and got several great inputs and suggestions. The problem was that it didnt sit even all the way around. I am lowered on dropzone shocks which are all good and operating correctly, and tien s teh drop springs. Mainly, the driver side was lower than the left. Not really enough for the common person to notice, but i noticed it so it bothers me.

Heres my question: The cause of the problem is most likely the springs, and lilryanadamse on here is getting ready to swap out his current springs to a different setup. Well, he has an eg cx hatchback i believe and it is very nicely lowered. The tire just barely tucks in the wheel well. Its not a huge tuck, just small enough to notice it if you are trying to notice it. But anyways, i was thinking about running the springs that he currently has on his hatch, after he takes them off for his new setup. His car sits very even and i just want to know if mine will be a ton lower and if it will sit even on my dropzones? I have a 94 ex coupe.

i bought a wings west rs lip kit and i just want my car to look low and good.

thanks for any input.

·
Registered
605 Posts
it should sit the same way his does

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
you will have the springs tomorrow. it took me about 2hours to do the swap, which include running to the store to get the correct hardware. so if you dont like the way it sits, only a few ours wasted, and you can put it back. i think you will like it though.

ryan

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i dont know the reason y it would sit different. on my si hatch my driver side sat lower than my passanger side, but im pretty sure that it was becuase i had stock struts on it, and they were all worn out and there was always someone sitting on the drivers side

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you will have the springs tomorrow. it took me about 2hours to do the swap, which include running to the store to get the correct hardware. so if you dont like the way it sits, only a few ours wasted, and you can put it back. i think you will like it though.

ryan
good to hear that i will have them tomorrow. congrats on completing the swap so quick. I figured that murpys law would have kicked you ass like it did mine on the transmission. You know murphys law right (when something can go wrong, it will go wrong).

Just wait for those springs to break in though, it will eventually settle and have a better stance than what it does now. :TU:

i dont know the reason y it would sit different. on my si hatch my driver side sat lower than my passanger side, but im pretty sure that it was becuase i had stock struts on it, and they were all worn out and there was always someone sitting on the drivers side
i really just wanted to know if it would sit lower than what his hatch does because mine weighs more than his. but it seems like it will be stting about the same from what everyone says.

·
Registered
999 Posts
its normal for one side to be lower

1 - 7 of 7 Posts