Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda Civic HX
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'02 hx H&R springs and Nitto NT450's (205/40/16) and just aligned
thats my suspension set up right now and my car is acting like a snow plow even worse than stock, i'm always losing the front end anround sharper turns at higher speeds and i don't know what to do, i was thinking about just strut bars and a new rear anti-sway bar, i heard that if i get a a front anti-sway bar i risk losing the back end and i don't want to have to worry about that. thoughts and suggestions? thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
slow down?? which H&R springs do you have? race or sport? also, if you're hitting the gas going into the corner, you're shifting the weight towards the back of the car, which could also be causing for the front tires to "break" loose and lose the traction.

·
Registered
2002 Honda Civic HX
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NadNooc said:
slow down?? which H&R springs do you have? race or sport? also, if you're hitting the gas going into the corner, you're shifting the weight towards the back of the car, which could also be causing for the front tires to "break" loose and lose the traction.
haha sorry, h&r sports, and i always hit the gas coming out of the turn.

·
Registered
509 Posts
are you tryin to say your car is over steering or understeering? over is the ass end wanting to come around on you sideways , and under is car wanting to drive straight even when trying to turn? sounds like your understeering but im not sure by the way your putting it. if this is the case , hondas are known for the opposite , oversteering. if your udersteering , your entering corner too fast. you might have too much air in your tires or too little. your camber might be off still. did you watch them align your car and make sure they did it good?

·
Registered
2002 Honda Civic HX
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blackDseries said:
are you tryin to say your car is over steering or understeering? over is the ass end wanting to come around on you sideways , and under is car wanting to drive straight even when trying to turn? sounds like your understeering but im not sure by the way your putting it. if this is the case , hondas are known for the opposite , oversteering. if your udersteering , your entering corner too fast. you might have too much air in your tires or too little. your camber might be off still. did you watch them align your car and make sure they did it good?
i'm understeering, and no i didn't watch them align it but i do know the guy said i should invest in some camber gear if i wanna keep my tires for more than about another 10k. . .

·
Registered
2002 Honda Civic HX
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really could use some help with this problem guys and gals. does anyone have any suggestions on the swaybars and camber gear?

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
OVERSTEER-(or "loose")

Oversteer is when the car's rear tires lose grip in a turn while the front tires are still gripping. If the rear end starts to slide out from under you in a turn, that is oversteer. oversteer can be mellowed out by useing a rear sway bar, i like the selections from "the progress group" and "comptech" because the have the rear sub-frame reinforcement built in, which helps sturdy the sway bar mounting points and also prevents tearing of the subframe.

here are some ways to prevent/decrease oversteer-(increase understeer)
*increase front tire pressure
*decrease rear tire pressure
*smaller front tire section
*larger rear tire section
*more positive front wheel camber
*more negative rear wheel camber
*more front wheel toe in
*more rear wheel toe out
*more negative front wheel caster
*stiffer front springs
*softer rear springs
*stiffer (heavier) front sway bar
*softer (lighter) rear sway bar
*more forward weight distribution

UNDERSTEER-(or "tight")

Occurs when the wheels are turned, and the car does not turn at the same rate. Causes the front of the car to take a wider apex than the driver's steering lock requires. Also called push, or tight in the US. Can be corrected by adding more front downforce, sofening springs and rollbar, or reducing front tyre pressure. Extreme conditions cause a car to go straight on instead of turning for a corner.
A car is “understeering” when the rear tires have more traction than the front tires – the front end slides toward the outside of the turn instead of turning into the corner.

to decrease understeer, do the opposite of everything on the above list in blue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts