Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok what i am wondering is i know that hayame, tein, etc. offer full coilover setups for the em2/es1 what i am wondering is how do they defeat the problem of that arm from the steering rack that attatches to the strut? i know before if you wanted to modify the suspension you had to hack apart the housing and put in new shock internals... is that still the case with these setups?

does anyone have any experience with the tanabe under brace? does this make a big difference???

-dan

P

·
0 Posts
the coilovers have the arm for the steering arm sticking out the side of the shock, just like the factory ones. And the coilover systems dont require you to hack stuff apart, although for 03 and 04 models with the Hayame setup, someone mentioned once that you have to drill out a hole somewhere, other than that, the most modification you should have to do is just taking the top hardware off the factory setups with some of the systems.

D

·
0 Posts
with true coilovers there is no hacking required.

the problem that haymen had was a mis-understanding. the fix was not to drill a bigger hole. but to turn the tie-rod up side down. there design was made like this to help w/ the bumpsteer problem.

there are many diffrent setups now for the 7th gen. d2, b&g, jic, tein, haymen. so on...

tokico just came out the HP series for our car. unlike the koni set up where u have to use the oem houseing. these are a complete oem replacement. this is ofcorse if you dont want to go full coilover. but that's just silly :p

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol thanks for the info guys i appreciate it... has anyone heard anything of the quality of the hayame setup?

D

·
0 Posts
for the price there not that bad.

i would rock them but i like my tokico and eibach set up.

soon to change to full coilover maybe jic or d2 will see how money is loll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts