Honda D Series Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
LOWERING-
buy a nice set of shocks/struts so u know ur spring/shock set-up will hold upto what u throw at it.
what else would you replace to save a massive headache for lowering?

and thank you for all that amazing info it saved me so much time and effort greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Offset/Wheel Size vs Its effect to suspension and handling

I have looked around and read many a thread. I have not found anything on how offset and tire size effect your cars handling/suspension.
My thought is that if you increase your wheel base via your wheel offset, and width of tire. That it would effect overall handling and suspension response?
If anyone agrees i think it would be a good idea to add some basic info about this. Or if there is already a offset type thread. Maybe just a quick link to it so people know it DOES effect setup?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome thread... is there a shock / spring combo (maybe oem from a different model) that will stiffen up my 2000 EK without lowering? I drive a lot of crappy gravel roads when I go on climbing trips and don't want to lower, but I do want a stiffer (overall) suspension. I'm upgrading my rear swaybar and adding the ASR brace. Shocks and springs will follow.
Thanks

81 - 85 of 85 Posts