Honda D Series Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
your probably safe with camber untill you hit about 1.5in. then u want to make sure u adjust, but im sure fine tuning camber at any rate of lowering will help keep a good solid contact.

·
Registered
60 Posts
good info

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi guys im new to this forum but great info! im doing my suspension this weekend and i have one question about polyurethane bushings: are they really that noticeable? do u get better handling or straighter ride? also people say they will squeak, is that true? i think this would be a great addition topic to this thread aswell. i hav coilovers camberkit polyurethane bushings and new tie rod ends. are sway bars rili worth the money?

·
Registered
66 Posts
bad squeaking or not so bad? like will it ruin the arms or anything? and would you recommend rubber bushings over polyurethane for a DD?

·
Registered
206 Posts
NICE info! but could you add a little more into the bushings area?there seems to be alot of mixed opinions/debates on that subject.

·
Registered
12 Posts
NICE info! but could you add a little more into the bushings area?there seems to be alot of mixed opinions/debates on that subject.
Agreed. I always thought stiffer/stronger bushings made everything sharper, thus allowing you to corner better and generally handle more precisely, but apparently I could be wrong about that 0_o.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
you should get this stickied... like i have an obsession with electronics in a car....
1: this is already stickied
2: wtf are you talking about electronics? this is a suspension faq thread

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Awesome write up, this will deff. help me out when I start on my civic. Bookmarked for future use and rep for the info.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Awesomr thread. What are the advantager of aftermarket lca?
They allow you to run a rear swaybar.

No offence to the OP but there is some inacurate information in this and it is fairly "general" information. If i get some time i'll revise it and make it a little more informative and sticky worthy.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts

No offence to the OP but there is some inacurate information in this and it is fairly "general" information. If i get some time i'll revise it and make it a little more informative and sticky worthy.
You can also pick up some stock LCAs from cars with a rear sway bar as a more cost effective option. These can be had a most junkyards for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
198 Posts
wholly frikken awesom mother of all suspensions threads...niiiiiiiice!!!!.....one question though.....everyone around here calls positive camber when the bottom of your tire sticks out away from the centerline of your car....another way the tops are closer than the bottoms.....did i misread the thread.....or am i smokin too much again

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

no offense taken. i made this thread when i was 17. there is a few things i will change soon, ive neglected the thread.
now that ive been a technician for 4 years i have quite a bit to add.
if anyone does have questions just ask them here.

·
Registered
229 Posts
no offense taken. i made this thread when i was 17. there is a few things i will change soon, ive neglected the thread.
now that ive been a technician for 4 years i have quite a bit to add.
if anyone does have questions just ask them here.

So how much of the original info is out dated/better products have come along? Is GC sleeves & kyb gr2's still a good combo? I've been away from civics for far to long to know what is best anymore. And with the 88-00 civic chassis being so cheap. EVERYBODY has one, which translates to 9999957639836493.1 opinions on what is best or better & a million noobs asking the same info.

While i still had my '04 accord, everyone shunned kyb gr2's claiming it is a "oem" replacement & will blow. Suggesting coilovers only ($$$) or springs & koni yellows.

I realize my accord was a much larger, faster & heavier car. That out performed my hatchback in every area (with the exception of fuel mileage) Maybe im compairing apples to kumquats here. Is a quality spring & shock (such as eibach or gc & kyb/koni) enough for a DD?

61 - 80 of 85 Posts