Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Argumentative douche
1997 Civic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suspension clunk
I took out my old suspension a couple of weeks ago and while waiting for a full C/O set up, threw some H&R Sports on some stock shocks I had. Now I'm getting this clunk from the back (passenger side). Some sort of a metallic clunk. Only happens at slower speeds.

Anybody else with this problem?

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Perhaps the spring wasn't seated against the shock properly? The end of the spring should meet the indention on the shock "landing".

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
bottoming out, TA bushing shot, or incorrect assembly.. choose two, as there is probably more then one reason for a clunk.

·
Registered
99 Hatch
1,348 Posts
Have the same clunk your talking about. I have skunk2 race springs on stock shocks and about a month after installation I had a loud clunk at low speeds. I don't know if it's blown shocks, or the trailing arm bushing or both. The shock is leaking so I know it's done and the trailing arm bushing is shot. Both will be replaced soon.

·
Argumentative douche
1997 Civic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the inputs. The two rear shocks are brand new and show no signs of leakage. The LCA is also brand new (OEM). The TA bushings looked ok. I also double checked how the springs were seated and it all looked good. Triple checked all bolts. I'm kind of stumped. The only thing I can think of is that these springs are for Integras. I was told they'll fit fine and should have no issues. Does anybody know if the rear spring size is comparable between the Civic and Integra rear springs? The stock springs seem to be the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts