Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

I took my car (1993 del Sol Si - built NA d16z6) for a little spin this evening and I thought I could smell fuel through the vents. I popped the hood and sure enough I found that the rubber fuel line that is on the right side of the fuel rail (when facing the motor) which connects to the metal fuel line and to the fuel rail is leaking. I recently had some work done on the motor and it appears that the tech has used a screw clamp to connect the rubber and metal hoses. What's this one called? Is it the return line?

I also took a peak at the injectors. They would have been pulled out of the y8 IM I was using to be installed in the Skunk2 IM I'm now using. I painted the body of the IM a flat black. It appears to be slightly "wet" around the injectors on the IM. I'm not sure if that's simply because of the flat black paint and is otherwise normal (I don't expect to see it on a silver IM) or does it appear to be leaking as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it out.

The wetness where the injectors are is the silicon lube used when the injectors were installed. It hasn't dried like fuel would therefore I'm certain that it's the lube.

The hose is the return fuel line. I'm pretty sure it's 5/16". The hard line looks a little worse for wear but still works. I think I'll try cutting the end of the hose where the suspected leak is and move the new end up the hard line. Hopefully this works for the track event I'm going to this weekend. Then I'll work on replacing the hard line and hose.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
n00b forum?!

That's cold admin...

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
n00b forum?!

That's cold admin...
Seriously slo... come on dude.

Anyways the fuel leak on that return line I would do like you are thinking and cutting the end and moving it up, looks like enough slack to do it. The hard line has some rust but probably not under the hose end. Also use a better clamp, and make sure there is a barb at the end of that line and put the clamp right behind it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously slo... come on dude.

Anyways the fuel leak on that return line I would do like you are thinking and cutting the end and moving it up, looks like enough slack to do it. The hard line has some rust but probably not under the hose end. Also use a better clamp, and make sure there is a barb at the end of that line and put the clamp right behind it.
Right!? ;)

Thanks for the advice.

Pass the Sriracha.

·
Certified O.G.
A Shitbox
5,605 Posts
For the record, anyone with the name Will (Slo) is an asshole.

Sincerely,
William.

·
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch
4,671 Posts

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
That's what happens when you pay someone to work on your car instead of doing the work yourself. Why is there a screw clamp on there when the stock one is right next to it? Guessing because it looks like they ruined it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what happens when you pay someone to work on your car instead of doing the work yourself. Why is there a screw clamp on there when the stock one is right next to it? Guessing because it looks like they ruined it.
1. He's a good friend and exceptionally good licensed mechanic.

2. I don't have the time necessary to dedicate to every aspect of my favourite hobby.

3. Because I can.

see, these guys get it.

I respect the honesty.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
the tech who put that clamp on your fuel line is a RE RE

go to the partsstore and buyy a fuel line clamp. its smooth all around, to provide even and complete clamping force. regular worm clamps like that cause leaks more often than fixing them

heres a google pic of a fuel clamp

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the tech who put that clamp on your fuel line is a RE RE

go to the partsstore and buyy a fuel line clamp. its smooth all around, to provide even and complete clamping force. regular worm clamps like that cause leaks more often than fixing them

heres a google pic of a fuel clamp
Already purchased.

Thank you!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
at least it was a easy fix
Thankfully. I'm taking it to the track for the first time this year on Monday (May 22). Would have been pissed if it were worse...

In fairness to Slo, I did hit the panic button a little early in making this thread. I think a few more minutes of investigation and I could have sorted this out without the need to ask for help.

But this forum has been integral in my never-ending build. What better place to ask for help when you're afraid you're going to miss track day!!!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,099 Posts
hence why it was sent to the noob forum. you figured it out with time and corrected the issue yourself......there is a method to my madness.

so, if yall don't mind, can I send it back to the noob graveyard?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts