Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX SI
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

ive been trying everything to fix my idle but cant seem to find out what is causeing it. it only does it when its warmed up. when it goes up and down it does it slowly 1500-2000. it also runs really rich at idle. ive switched my IACV. Bleed my coolent system ( searched and found that a air bubble can cause it) I have no codes... The only thing that i found that fixes it is adjusting the tps, but when i do, it idles perfect and smooth, but when i decel and let the engine slow the car down it dosent lean out it just keeps giving it fuel:3dtard:????? any ideas

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nope, I'm clueless myself because I have the same problem with my b7 a6 cam setup. Maybe I just need a tune to fix it.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
i had that problem in my old ed hatch, turned out it was my idle screw on the throttle body, also might wanna check the plug on your IACV that could be dirty not making contact?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
jack the front of the car into the air and then let it run with the rad cap off. turn the heat on full blast defrost and rev the engine up every once and a while and just hold the rpms up a bit.

If you can get one of those spill free rad cap funnels they're handy.

I've always done it this way.

·
Registered
91 CRX SI
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok tired bleeding it that way for about 15-20 mins and nothing. i also used a volt meter and dialed in my TPS sensor nothing... any other ideas? also i read on here that if i unplug my IACV and if it shuts off that i have a vac leak. is this true?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts