Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

We just rebuilt a d16a6 and put it into a 1991 HF CRX but are troubleshooting a surging idle issue. When a pm6 ECU is used, the idle surges and stumbles regardless of hot/cold. Initially we were using a stock pm6-a60 from an AT wagovan, but have since chipped it with a stock pm 6 basemap with no change in symptoms.

With a PM8-A030 that was on the car before the engine swap (originally an hf with a d15b6) the idle is stable from cold start to warmed up. I can't run the car with this ECU because the engines are so different power wise, and this ECU can't be chipped.

Are my idle issues because of a bad pm6 ECU?

Or do these ECUs just operate in completely different ways, and my issue is some place else in the intake manifold?

HELP!

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,955 Posts
did you bleed the coolant properly? any vacuum leaks?

·
Meat Popsicle
2,922 Posts
That’s a rare ECU to chip since there aren’t a ton of USDM auto RT4WD PM6’s. I wonder if that ECU functions the same as a manual PM6?

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
977 Posts
That’s a rare ECU to chip since there aren’t a ton of USDM auto RT4WD PM6’s. I wonder if that ECU functions the same as a manual PM6?

Hopefully someone else can chime in.
This here. Im wondering if ypu adjusted the O2 capacity and didn't change it on the actual basemap. Surging idles are usually sensor driven like vacuum leaks.

This here. Im wondering if you adjusted the O2 capacity for the pm6 tune and didn't change it on the actual basemap. Surging idles are usually sensor driven like vacuum leaks.
Or putting sensors that don't belong in said vehicle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts