Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have no issues with my idle surging while cold or warm but when i shift the engine will surge up about 500rpms then back to normal. no idea what the reason is, it happens while in and out of boost. no vac leaks, timing for everything is spot on, plugs, wires, and dizzy are all brand new, bov works. im clueless as to why this is happening, i search but couldn't much info other than how to fix a surging idle. i dont think it is my iacv or fast idle valve because my idle sits fine but maybe it could mean one of them is failing?

thanks for any help
ryan

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the gasket is new between the TB with no leaks, my vac gauge reads strong and doesn't move from 20 at idle. i don't think its a vac leak since my idle does not surge. only between shifts no matter what speed or rpm i'm at.

i unplugged my iacv just to see what happens...the surge stops between shifts...is that the culprit? a bad iacv i thought would mess up my idle but thats not the problem.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
no cruise control
hmmm. what happened to me once was i accidentally disconnected the cruise vaccum line when i removed my oil filter. i remove my oil filter through the top thats why.

that was just a guess...

i would start checking all vaccum hoses and maybe even check your TB gasket and also make sure the TB is closing all the way.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^Guessing you didn't read my post! LOL Well, if you unplugged the IACV and it helped...keep it unplugged. Who needs it anyways, it only causes problems.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
made sure my coolant was full, idle and timing are correct checked all my vac lines are fine no leaks in the tb but my rpms still jump when i shift, would a lightened flywheel have anything to do with it? i dont know whats going on my but its mad annoying.

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
your tune?

In my engine management there are some parameters you can change for that.
I have something similar, as in the RPMs fluctuate between shifts. When i push the clutch in between shifts at redline with full throttle, my RPM's drop a few thousand RPMs so i can change gears quickly. IE "full throttle shift"

What im getting at is, possibly something similar in your tune has been set incorrectly.

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your tune?

In my engine management there are some parameters you can change for that.
I have something similar, as in the RPMs fluctuate between shifts. When i push the clutch in between shifts at redline with full throttle, my RPM's drop a few thousand RPMs so i can change gears quickly. IE "full throttle shift"

What im getting at is, possibly something similar in your tune has been set incorrectly.
well right now im not tuned, just a basemap...im trying to get every kink worked out before i get it tuned for obvious reason but maybe its just the work of the basemap?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts