Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
97 del Sol S
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, this is my first showcase thread, and ill keep this updated but dont expect quick progress lol..this thread is dedicated to my cars present and past, so without further ado..

my first car, my 1988 CRX DX (the rust queen)

purchased in 2005 with 43k original miles (not a typo)-$500

all i did to this one was:
sony xplod head unit
xplod rear speakers
lanzar fronts? (not sure)
lanzar 800w amp, 2 lanzar 10" subs
painted steelies black (instead of rust)
ricer tail lights (explaination in a moment)
hatch w/ rear wiper

okay the reason for the tail lights was one of the lenses fell off while driving, and i met a nice guy who had a parts car crx and hooked me up with a driver mirror, tail lights, and new hatch w/ wiper for the low price of FREE! I also custom painted them to look like they match the center piece

the hood is caused from hitting a deer :(

tint i did myself, 20% front 5% rear

original miles!!!

anyways, i ended up buying my civic hatch and selling this one for $450, but this story has a sad end and i kick myself everyday for it.. the kid who bought it ended up getting t-boned, then was still driving it later on without a license and got it impounded, he didnt have the money to get it out, and figured paying $750 to get a $450 car out of impound is a waste, so he went and got stuff from it and just trashed it. he broke a bunch of stuff on it on purpose. he was a muscle car guy that just wanted a beater car.

i basically wanted to get a new car because there was just sooo much rust it was beyond repair and i guess i just wanted something that wasnt older than me lol

i really miss this car and wish it had been taken care of better.

·
Registered
97 del Sol S
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my 1993 Civic cx (Raped and Abused)
i bought this car in 2007 for $2500 (boy did i get ripped). It had 150-160k miles and a supposed 70k miles on the engine. well anyways i was dumb and foolish and bought this car with an idle problem, cracked windshield, CEL, and many more. ended up putting quite a bit into just to get it running good, and just when i finally thought it was doing okay, boom engine goes!

this is how i bought it

seriously? eww, luckily it came with the stock rear seats

RICE!

wtf is with all the red?!?

instead of fixing stuff with oem stuff, i really try to fix it with upgrades, so i needed new control arm bushings (fixed with es kit), had a leaky header (fixed w/ ebay ceramic header), leaky exhaust (fixed with bbp catback)..blah blah blah tons of money lol

changed style

fog light kit

custom tinted (testors window tint spray)..ended up fading and peeling from sunlight

·
Registered
97 del Sol S
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ebay ventshades, ebay amber corners

delivering pizza in the snow! lol

it was basically abused by its 12 owners (seriously) and had a hack job of a y7 swap..anyways, engines dead and trying to sell it, but i prob want wayy too much. but i wanna get the next one paid off quick.

·
Registered
97 del Sol S
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anybody know any custom foglights for the sol?..i searched and searched and all i can find is sites about aux lights, but some ppl call them foglights

i just wanna find a DIY but i guess nobodys done it, i would try doing it myself but i dont wanna ruin my hard to find bumper lol

·
Registered
97 del Sol S
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update!!..i just did a y8 IM swap all day, wednesday i took the mani off my hatch and today i put it on my sol.. no pics cuz its dark, but you get the idea lol

anybody know if a 92-95 hatch catback fits on a del sol? i heard yes, but i need more answers and i searched but couldnt find much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks good man I have always been a fan of these cars but I have to many kids to have one. Keep up the good work.

kris

·
Registered
26 Posts

Kinda reminds me of either a 80's hair metal rock band's pants or a old school wrestlers pants! lol

Really Ultimate Warrior-esc lol

1 - 20 of 51 Posts