Discussion Starter #1
IAM RUNNING A Y7 AND THINKING OF UPGRADING TO A BLOWER'
ANY PRO'S AND CON'S
ANY WILL BE WELCOMED !jacksonracing.com[/URL]

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on an automatic, it may be better foe him as turbos are nororous for blowing automatic tranies.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
swap the tranny would be a good start.... it honestly isnt that hard, it just takes a little bit of time to gather all of the parts needed...then turbo it!!!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To do it right, it is a pain in the butt. I've done 2 conversions, and I will NEVER do another one. you have ecu resistor work, wiring to modify, sheet metal work on the shifter area, hole holes don't fit right so you end up moding stuff and making your own, moutns are different so you have to buy one of those not to mention all the shifter, linkage, and pedal assembly stuff you have to do. then running clutch lines and stuff. it's fun! NOT!!!!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
^^^^ trust me it took me about 2 months before everything was 100 percent complete, and about a dozen runs to the honda dealer....lol yeah its not easy or fun but worth it in the long run....

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
JR would be nice on there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
s/c

berettagtz117 said:
JR would be nice on there.
S/C is nice, but there is not much room for improvement. With intake temps getting too high detonation comes into effect. Intercooled turbo's matched properly with the engine can have better and safer numbers than a s/c.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
perlmeistere8 said:
S/C is nice, but there is not much room for improvement. With intake temps getting too high detonation comes into effect. Intercooled turbo's matched properly with the engine can have better and safer numbers than a s/c.
true, but you can always port a S/C and or get a different pulley for it.... but I myself would turbo that thang!!

·
Registered
369 Posts
For an auto i would go with the SC. I have it on my y8 and i am pleased with what it did. I think a turbo would push a bit more but for the price of a fabbed kit i got my sc for that and its more power down low where us autos need. I say go SC. Any other questions. Hit me up i put the sc in myself as well. :0

1 - 20 of 43 Posts