Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
i am going to be installing a jrsc on my 94 hatch this weekend.can't wait,but i have never done this or even seen one on a car before so i was wondering if anyone had some good instructions or a site that does that i can maybe print off.thanks for any help...i'll post pics when its done.

·
CR-Vtakin
11,459 Posts

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
With that kit, you'll be up and running in less than a day. Less power than a turbo, but easier to install, easier to use as a DD (instant torque), and easier to maintain.

...just don't pick a grudge race with it. :mrgreen:

PM

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice, which compressor kit are you using from jrsc, ive been eyeing this as a nice upgraed for the DD factor.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks,its the 8 psi kit.maybe build the engine to handle more over the winter and go with more boost(turbo)next spring.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Im curious to see a jrsc kitted cars timeslips for the 1/8th and 1/4, and a comparison in 60ft times as well on street tires. Trying to justify the price vs what it does.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Im curious to see a jrsc kitted cars timeslips for the 1/8th and 1/4, and a comparison in 60ft times as well on street tires. Trying to justify the price vs what it does.
I don't think JRSC owners typically track their cars, since 1) the numbers won't be that great, and 2) fast times aren't usually the goal. But maybe a JRSC owner out there has taken it to the track and can chime in.

If you buy it used, you can probably have an entire kit for less than $900. Well worth it for a DD. It'll feel like a bigger engine, since the torque will be there when you need it.

Once I get a DD sedan (dunno what yet, probably used G35 or 3-series) in a couple of years, I'll probably sell the JRSC, slap a turbo and a more aggressive suspension on, and track the bitch. :)

PM

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yea I searched and went back 10pages no one has a time posted for a jrsc setup. Not a big deal, Id like to think with my d15b + a used jrsc I could be hitting low 9's in the 1/8 thats quick enough for a dd, and after paying off the wifes car I can go turbo if need be. Who knows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
[QUOTEyou can use the Y7/Y8 crank pulley. It bolts on.][/QUOTE]
Really, I’ll check that out, not sure what I running now. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Superchargers are a more expensive path to go then turbocharging, I am more for turbos buts what ever you want to do is up to u its your car...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts