Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so yea theres some threads like this one already but here's my question I am going to build my block and set it up for turbo.

z6 head
Vitara pistons etc. etc. etc.

I am looking for a cheaper but good kit and personal exp. is nice and appreciated too. Supercharger for cheap and turbo kits for cheap lemme know

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Turrrrrrrrrboooooooooooo

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
are you trying to find a kit to buy, or are you looking for opinions on which is better?

IMO, turbo is the better choice, and i think you answered your own question when you said "I am going to build my block and set it up for turbo."

Turbo isnt necessarily better, but for a built d, i would say turbo is a better choice because of the power potential of it on your motor. I havent seen a whole lot of superchargers break 230whp (hell, even 205whp), compared to a turbo d, which ive seen make nearly 570 whp........

thats just my opinion. As a non-built daily driver with instant but not insane power, i would say supercharger, but with a fully built d, i say turbo.

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Turbo.
$ for $ there is no comparison.
A new JRSC may run you $1900-$2000, for about 150 whp and limited upgrades.

Turbo it.
We do bolt on kits for less than money that make more power out the box. Build the motor and make double the power on the same kit.

Built or stock block, turbo will make more power, have more potential, and can be just as reliable.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oh and sorry for my limited information , I am building my block for turbo and my friend is building his for nitrous or supercharger he hasn't decided, I am simply asking for what turbo's y'all have used and I am trying to decide what turbo and whats the cheapest kit to use on a a6 block and z6 head

And will give me the best results and last longer,im not asking for imatation t3/t04's but good shit , good priced and ready to go. I may also do a HF manifold turbo since I have one laying here in my garage. But I would rather have something built for my car and to hold good boost and not have any leaks or issues

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You might want to post something in the Wanted to buy section... Kinda sounds like you're just looking for parts.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
/sigh Im going to lay down, i'm not making myself clear and i sound like a tard when i do talk, i will be back later and bump this thread and maybe then it will come out clear see ya

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
What if you have an auto trans. Ive hear turbos dont like them.
auto trans like nothing on our hondas. Supercharger or turbo, wont really matter. If i would have to guess, that would be the one limiting factor of your build, and i dont even know what your running

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok now that I think I might can make some sence of what I was trying to say.
Alright can anyone point me in the direction to a good buy on a good turbo , one that will get me good mileage and efficency on 8-10psi , I need Header,Turbo,Intercooler etc. etc.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I want to push 200-235 whp, I am going to be putting full body coil overs and front,rear and lower tower bars on it, maybe then I will stick to the ground like a ran over squirrel

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
For the street, IMO a S/C is ideal... Torque from idle to redline. For the track, I would go with a turbo... you can have a couple different tunes set for street and strip. The S/C is best for a street light warrior, it has no lag like a turbo does.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For the street, IMO a S/C is ideal... Torque from idle to redline. For the track, I would go with a turbo... you can have a couple different tunes set for street and strip. The S/C is best for a street light warrior, it has no lag like a turbo does.
beside's jackson superchargers.com were might be some more found? Yes the no lag + a stage 1 upgrade kit would be idealic for street stuff, turbo fun for track but how high compression pistons would you use for S/C or would you use the low CR like on turbo?

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Lower compression= more boost... Stock compression= less boost. So this means that you have to run more boost on lower compression pistons to make just as much hp as stock compression.. People dont understnad that. people only see "More boost" Most of todays 9,8,7 second cars run a minimum of 9.5 to 1 compression. I know that I built a B motor for a customer a while back that had 10.5 to 1 and ran 10.7 in the 1/4.. And it was a DD... There is no need to run alot of boost to make power. If you have lower compression and you are set at 10psi, you wont be as fast/quick as someone with either stock or higher compression @ 10psi....

1 - 20 of 39 Posts