Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have kind of a stupid question for you.if i have my stock d15 supercharged(jr)now running 8psi and my ecu tuned for that.if i go turbo will the same tune work?and will the stock engine hold up to 10 psi or possibly more?and how much of a difference will it make in the end?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
U will most likey have to retune if you are going from a supercharger to turbo, the as far as psi goes it depends on ur power goals and the sizeing of the turbo...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok now my problem is there is no one around here that can tune..so is there somewhere i can send my ecu and get a good tune without the car being there?if so what kind of $ am i looking at?sorry if these are stupid questions but i'm still new to this whole boost stuff.

·
Registered
544 Posts
you can do it yourself, by doing a street tune if you know what to do and have the equipment, but to have a good tune, you really need the car there and on a dyno

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i'm basically sh#% out of luck then seen i don't know how nor have the equipment.hrrmmmm now what..damn cape breton and no performance shops...

·
Registered
525 Posts
Yea just because they are at the same psi does not mean they are pushing the same ammount of air into the engine, it will need to be retuned. Who tuned your car the first time, I would take it back to them. If you don't want to do that then you only have two other choices, learn how to tune it yourself or leave it the way it is.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
about $500 worth of stuff, wideband, laptop, whatever software you are tuning with, an ostrich if you get fancy.

id get a xenocron.com basemap if your ecu is already socketed and then have someone local street/dyno tune.

unless you plan on tuning, then those tools would be a good investment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts