Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been sitting on this supercharger for awhile in the garage, finally got around to getting it rebuilt and having the cooler welded in. This is going into a 91 civic with obd1 conversion engine is a dohc zc. I am not running a brake booster and no charcoal canister (chase bays bmc delete that's why port is plugged on manifold) In my picture A for vacuum routing I am sending that port to my fuel pressure regulator as researched, and C for the bypass valve as researched. My map sensor has been blocked off at the throttle body, so is the only place left for the 3bar map sensor to be installed is on port B to see supercharger boost? What about D? If port A and B are spoken for where would I add in a boost gauge vacuum line? Hopefully these pictures help in explaining my stopping point for the night. (in the 2nd picture I circled a nipple on my new throttle body, is that for the charcoal canister hose? I no longer have the charcoal canister setup if so, it can just be plugged or deleted?) Thanks for the input in advance. -Mike

Also not using the jrsc FMU; engine already has aem fuel rail and aem FPR so I will swap those over to the new manifold with rdx injectors, chipped p28 etc.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Plug or delete the nipple in the second picture.

As for the Map sensor signal take that plate off with two in the second picture.

Either mount a 3bar directly to that area (do not forget the o-ring) or put a nipple there and run a house to your 3bar map sensor. (this statement is due to not knowing what type of map sensor you are using)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As for the Map sensor signal take that plate off with two in the second picture.

Either mount a 3bar directly to that area (do not forget the o-ring) or put a nipple there and run a house to your 3bar map sensor. (this statement is due to not knowing what type of map sensor you are using)
Correct me if I'm wrong but with running a supercharger, the map sensor would not see boost mounted at the throttle body? That's why I'm guessing it goes on a nipple past the supercharger but I am unsure. The map sensor I bought can be a remote mount with a vacuum line plugged into the bottom of it.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but with running a supercharger, the map sensor would not see boost mounted at the throttle body? That's why I'm guessing it goes on a nipple past the supercharger but I am unsure. The map sensor I bought can be a remote mount with a vacuum line plugged into the bottom of it.
No if you mount your map in the same place as stock it will work fine.

All the turbo and SC setup I've been involved this is a working location.

On my Twincharge setup I have my 4 MAP sensor mounted in OEM location.

The nipple to charcoal canister is in front of throttle plate, which is useless.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
A - Run a tee off that, one side to FPR, one side to boost gauge
B - MAP
D - Vacuum Cap

The TB nipple can be capped too

92CXyD, the MAP cannot be placed on the TB.
Yeah I just realize I never had to deal with a SC with TB ahead of it.

I always dealt with SC before TB. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts