Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so im lucky enough to get my hands on a jrsc, but not sure if im going to be able to run it.

I am already runing 11.8 compression pistons, now my question is, will the D16a1 block hold about 8psi on the jrsc with that compression?? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Who's tuning it? Ask that guy?

Power is made through cylinder pressure ... 200 whp will be from the same cylinder pressure whether you are running 50:1 CR and 1 psi or 1:1 and 50 psi. You are just coming at it different ways. D16s routinely hold 220+ whp, from what I've seen that's in the upper limits of the JRSC on a D. So I think you'll be fine.

I say run it.

But I'm sure there are other people on here with a bit more knowledge that will chime in and correct any erroneous (or maybe just slightly "off") statements I've made.

·
Registered
844 Posts
if your scared switch headgasket then run it, or sleeve it and let her eat. either way i think your boderline to high compression, maybe not, but i would try a different more reliable approach

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Problem with the JRSC kits in general is heat. Other than water/meth injection there is no real way to remove the heat from the air charge. Has always been the limiting factor.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Who's tuning it? Ask that guy?

Power is made through cylinder pressure ... 200 whp will be from the same cylinder pressure whether you are running 50:1 CR and 1 psi or 1:1 and 50 psi. You are just coming at it different ways. D16s routinely hold 220+ whp, from what I've seen that's in the upper limits of the JRSC on a D. So I think you'll be fine.

I say run it.

But I'm sure there are other people on here with a bit more knowledge that will chime in and correct any erroneous (or maybe just slightly "off") statements I've made.
no, it won't be. power is made from MEAN cylinder pressure or more correctly, BMEP (brake mean effective pressure) whether you hold on to a moderately high pressure or have a pressure spike that falls off, the means could be equal but obviously the lower peak but longer duration option is far easier on all of the parts.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Short answer, yes if it was put together right and with correct tuning. Matt is running d16 internals in a y7. Flat face valves. He is in the 11+ range and has had the jackson on it for almost a year now with no problems. It would be best to run e85 but it's doable on 91/93, you just have to pull more timing.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
You'll never make enough power with a JRSC to need sleeves.

Did you find a DOHC ZC kit? Adapter plates are hard to come by and it's a tight fit if you do have one

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
Short answer, yes if it was put together right and with correct tuning. Matt is running d16 internals in a y7. Flat face valves. He is in the 11+ range and has had the jackson on it for almost a year now with no problems. It would be best to run e85 but it's doable on 91/93, you just have to pull more timing.
I am matt lol mine is 12.5 but no supercharger. just felt like threadjacking

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
Thanks for the input guys...heres a peak of my supercharger,

Im still alittle worried on the block cracking with the 11.8 pistons and the supercharger
Id be more worried about detonation. Hope you have at least 93 octane and a spot on tune

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the input guys...heres a peak of my supercharger,

Im still alittle worried on the block cracking with the 11.8 pistons and the supercharger
Id be more worried about detonation. Hope you have at least 93 octane and a spot on tune

We do have 93 pump gas here in Nyc, i might be about to fly by with a thicker gasket.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts