Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i got a Jackson racing supercharger for absolutely dirt cheap and i currently have a Y7

If i could get some input on the build so far, greatly appreciated.

Y7 w/ Y8 mini me (p06 ecu)
vitara pistons
Eagle Rods
ARP head studs
JRSC (duh)

what else would you guys do? new cams? input? normally i'd go turbo, but i got the JRSC for dirt dirt cheap (<250, store going out of business, never used still in box)

and no, dont tell me to sell it and go turbo, i see that too much and its kind of cliche XD

my goal is 300 hp

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
jeez sorry ill get to it

im on a bunch of different honda forums though, not like im a complete n00b....

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
i never said you were a complete noob...i'm just saying the things you need to do to make it on this site..... but now on to your question... you don't need vitara pistons and Eagle Rods for a S/C....save your money, get a good fuel management system, maybe some bigger injectors. what size pulley did it come with?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
came with a 8lb pulley (plan on using a 10lb)

but without the new internals, how would i be able to get even close to my target goal?

someone i know told me theyre essential

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
your not gonna get past 200 WHP no matter what.... and as far as i know the biggest pulley they make is an 8 lb

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you absolutely sure? ive been told my a variety of people that if i actually upgrade the oem internals, i can definitely surpass 200

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
im by no means a S/C expert, im more of an all motor myself.... but i think you could prob hit 175ish with a really good tune and the right parts.... will some S/C dude's back me up... or correct me?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah k, hopefully an expert can clear it up

im trying to build the car as a higher powered (than oem) solo car, and for that a supercharger is FAR better than a Turbo

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i wasnt planning on 300 with jsut the SC, i know that with it by itself, and a completely stock Y7, it only adds about 50 hp. The Q is, how much of a difference would built internals make, i was looking around and i saw someone who did a minime with similar internals and the same ECU minus a SC, with a turbo, and he/she ran 12'.s

in terms of my goals let me rephrase, 300 hp, OR breaking into the 12's.

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
JRSC with 8psi of boost,lower temp thermastat, iridium plugs, bigger wired from ngk, cai, dc sport 4-1 header, megan test pipe, and 2.5 exaust going the rest of the way back,aem cam gear,440 injectors, y8 crank pulley, and hondata s3000... this setup is good for about 175.. + or - a few things

FYI S/C are a completely different story than a turbo.... not even close actually besides the fact that there FI.... s/c d series are at best running low 14's... so unless your car is going to be completely gutted and you weigh 100 pounds your going to be dissapointed

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
well the charger with on a y8 can make around 140-150 on a good tune a fuel management im wondering how hard is it going to be to pull 50 more hp.

your car with a jr supercharger on it boosting 10lbs would probly make the same amount of power a turbo setup would make on 6psi. while the jr is a decent setup its got barriers on how much power you can make with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what if i used a larger crankshaft pulley, since it doesnt appear JR actually makes a pulley over 10lbs?

·
I like to mouth off
658 Posts
well the charger with on a y8 can make around 140-150 on a good tune a fuel management im wondering how hard is it going to be to pull 50 more hp.

your car with a jr supercharger on it boosting 10lbs would probly make the same amount of power a turbo setup would make on 6psi. while the jr is a decent setup its got barriers on how much power you can make with it.
the most people are pulling as far as i can see on this website are 25hp more than that....but i think i saw a zc on here pushing 190..... just can't find the thread anymore and i'm talking WHP... so i don't exactly know the "exchange rate" is but 175 WHP sould be quite close to 200 at the fly

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so getting to 200 horsepower should be the more realsitic goal?

could someone explain to me why new pistons/rods wouldnt make a difference?

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
the most people are pulling as far as i can see on this website are 25hp more than that....but i think i saw a zc on here pushing 190..... just can't find the thread anymore
i pulled those numbers from there site. doesnt say whats done to it or what psi pulley so? but your right, i have never seen a high hp supercharged d. im open to... just havent.

(the 300hp range)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
maybe ill kick reason to the side and do the impossible (build a high hp supercharged D!)

i might as well try?

i pretty much raided the shop for the pistons, rods, and the SC for incredible prices, i see no harm that could be done by upgrading the oem crap anyways

i guess i wont know the answer until i get the whole thing tuned

1 - 20 of 133 Posts