Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if anybody is running a supercharger and turbo with a Dseries?Ive seen it on mustang cobras pushing over 1000hp.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that thing is a beast.I love the lowend of a supercharger and topend of turbo.I watched the youtube video of the lap of america.WOW I want to twincharge my car now

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
that thing is a beast.I love the lowend of a supercharger and topend of turbo.I watched the youtube video of the lap of america.WOW I want to twincharge my car now
What about a supercharger with high-end and a turbo with low-end?

Noob.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

Noob.
Rotrex > turbo > S/c.

Get a rotrex and be done with it. Or get a turbo and be done with it.
If this is your DD, give up on this idea, it will be a nightmare.
yea a rotrex would be nice.But yea its my dd,Im not gonna do the twincharged setup but it would be sick.I'm just gonna look for a used JR supercharger or build a homemade turbo kit

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
Are you stupid?
No. But you seem to be, since you think Superchargers only produce low-end and turbo's high-end. Classic noob mentality. So while Twincharging is cool, you need to do some research BAD because you're all mixed up.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Are you stupid?
No, but you are.

The fact that you think "superchargers make low-end ant turbos make top-end" shows that you have almost no idea what you are talking about.
Next time you decide to insult someone maybe you should be sure that youre not totally wrong.

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
rotrex is a s/c jeromy, its a centrifugal instead of a roots, but still none the less, it is still a s/c.

each type has its draw backs, centrifugal are the more efficent of the s/c family, however rarely does the compressor spin anywhere near its peak rpm.

roots have the highest parasitic loss due to moving parts

and turbos because they are exhaust driven have their inherent issues.

I will agree tho, a centrifugal is tops for s/c our motors, but for pure peak power a turbo will win.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts

Noob.
Wouldn't work so well since turbo output more power. Plus the super is belt driven so it takes power to makee power.

But to the OP why would you want to do both? Got cash to blow? Trying to have the fastest d out there? Or what?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wouldn't work so well since turbo output more power. Plus the super is belt driven so it takes power to makee power.

But to the OP why would you want to do both? Got cash to blow? Trying to have the fastest d out there? Or what?
I just wanted to do somethin different to the d.But its already been done so scratch that idea.lol

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
I love the lowend of a supercharger and topend of turbo.

First off, the two of you need to fucking read up on what the fuck your talking about...

You can't compare a JRSC M42 to T3/T4. A stock Eaton M45 is rated for maybe 200 crank hp. Take a turbo rated for the same amount of power and see which produces more power, and most importantly, a better powerband. Sure you can get a >small< turbo and make 180whp on a D16, but you can also make 180whp with a JRSC. But which will be smoother? Which will be more street friendly? Which will be faster?

More importantly, go look at a fucking dyno of a JRSC/M45 on a D16. Is it all low-end and then just dies? FUCK NO! It takes the curve, moves it up maybe 20ft/lbs everywhere, and then adds a bit more in the midrange.

And if your going to compare a Turbo build to a S/C build, make it atleast kinda fucking fair. First dyno is a M90 Supercharger on a B-series engine. Second dyno is a boosted b-series. SC makes more power... Everywhere...

Anyone interested in a 500+ WHP Supercharger Kit? - Honda-Tech

4dr Integra, Built 2.0 LS/VTEC, FR stage 1 kit, 475whp/325tq | Evans Tuning Dyno Database

1 - 20 of 53 Posts