Honda D Series Forum banner

Supercharged d17

29K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  sql_civic 
#1 ·
Who makes a good d17 supercharger/kit. also, can anyone point me in the direction of an online supercharged d17 build

#3 ·
There are no real roots superchargers like you are looking for. However the d16y8 intake manifold does fit on the d17 with mild porting so you could use that with some modding. Made by jackson racing

#4 ·
From the Turbonator website

Can I use more than one in my vehicle?

Yes, in Fuel Injection/E.F.I. vehicles, up to three Turbonator's have been installed by automotive enthusiasts that race their vehicles.

HAHAH stuff 3 of these pieces of crap in your intake for TRIPPLE the POWER!

God there must be some stoopid people out there...

#5 ·
do you even know what a roots supercharger is? not only does this not apply to hondas whatsoever , its the oldest technology you can get in a supercharger. roots blowers are outdated and cant even be used on a honda. for our application , you want a centrifugal charger. thats all we can use out of the 3 there is.

#6 ·
blackDseries said:
do you even know what a roots supercharger is? not only does this not apply to hondas whatsoever , its the oldest technology you can get in a supercharger. roots blowers are outdated and cant even be used on a honda. for our application , you want a centrifugal charger. thats all we can use out of the 3 there is.
sorry... but can i ask WHY? i know the roots blower is out-dated. but why wont it work with hondas? are they set up for carbs?

#10 ·
roots chargers were designed for carbs yes. only 3 types of superchargers to my knoledge , roots , nothing more than fan blades pushing air , outdated and unefective really by todays standards. a twin screw charger(also known as lysholm i think it is) , ive never seen this technology on any honda but the K engines. this is the kind of charger a V8 would run , top fuel dragsters and such(intake mounted supercharger). for a honda it would replace the intake manifold completely and run off a belt as all SC do. last but certainly not least the centrifugal charger as i mentioned earlier. a simple explanation would be the compressor half of a turbo , but instead of a turbine spun by your exhaust , it runs off a belt.

#13 ·
roots chargers were designed for carbs yes. only 3 types of superchargers to my knoledge , roots , nothing more than fan blades pushing air , outdated and unefective really by todays standards. a twin screw charger(also known as lysholm i think it is) , ive never seen this technology on any honda but the K engines. this is the kind of charger a V8 would run , top fuel dragsters and such(intake mounted supercharger). for a honda it would replace the intake manifold completely and run off a belt as all SC do. last but certainly not least the centrifugal charger as i mentioned earlier. a simple explanation would be the compressor half of a turbo , but instead of a turbine spun by your exhaust , it runs off a belt.
So the new ss cobalts dont have them?

G
#11 ·
i would get a self contained, reverse rotating, belt driven supercharger. all you do is add oil like you would on your car and change it out every now and then. it even has a dip stick, all you do is make a mounting bracket for it and go to autozone and find a longer belt that would reach to the charger....really simple from what i hear. they even have a universal sport compact kit! that is how simple this system is.

here it is http://www.procharger.com/tech.shtml

#18 ·
lol what do you expect blackd read it lol jk

#32 · (Edited)
B16 pistons will not fit, too large in diameter. D16 pistons is what you are looking for, probibally vitara's. with some crower rods.

According to the calculator, d17a1 block, with matching head and stock headgasket, with vitara pistons and stock length rods will net you 9.1 :1 compression right where you want it to be. You may be able to swap out the d17 headgasket for a z6 headgasket and lower the compression down to 8.9 (im not sure about that.)

#34 ·
for a d17? kpro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.