Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Honda Civic HX
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a good d17 supercharger/kit. also, can anyone point me in the direction of an online supercharged d17 build

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
There are no real roots superchargers like you are looking for. However the d16y8 intake manifold does fit on the d17 with mild porting so you could use that with some modding. Made by jackson racing

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
From the Turbonator website

Can I use more than one in my vehicle?

Yes, in Fuel Injection/E.F.I. vehicles, up to three Turbonator's have been installed by automotive enthusiasts that race their vehicles.

HAHAH stuff 3 of these pieces of crap in your intake for TRIPPLE the POWER!

God there must be some stoopid people out there...

·
Registered
509 Posts
do you even know what a roots supercharger is? not only does this not apply to hondas whatsoever , its the oldest technology you can get in a supercharger. roots blowers are outdated and cant even be used on a honda. for our application , you want a centrifugal charger. thats all we can use out of the 3 there is.

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
blackDseries said:
do you even know what a roots supercharger is? not only does this not apply to hondas whatsoever , its the oldest technology you can get in a supercharger. roots blowers are outdated and cant even be used on a honda. for our application , you want a centrifugal charger. thats all we can use out of the 3 there is.
sorry... but can i ask WHY? i know the roots blower is out-dated. but why wont it work with hondas? are they set up for carbs?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Yes what the hell are you talking about, jackson racing and comptech make roots chargers. However non are for the d17.

·
Registered
509 Posts
roots chargers were designed for carbs yes. only 3 types of superchargers to my knoledge , roots , nothing more than fan blades pushing air , outdated and unefective really by todays standards. a twin screw charger(also known as lysholm i think it is) , ive never seen this technology on any honda but the K engines. this is the kind of charger a V8 would run , top fuel dragsters and such(intake mounted supercharger). for a honda it would replace the intake manifold completely and run off a belt as all SC do. last but certainly not least the centrifugal charger as i mentioned earlier. a simple explanation would be the compressor half of a turbo , but instead of a turbine spun by your exhaust , it runs off a belt.

H

·
0 Posts
i would get a self contained, reverse rotating, belt driven supercharger. all you do is add oil like you would on your car and change it out every now and then. it even has a dip stick, all you do is make a mounting bracket for it and go to autozone and find a longer belt that would reach to the charger....really simple from what i hear. they even have a universal sport compact kit! that is how simple this system is.

here it is http://www.procharger.com/tech.shtml

·
Registered
12 Posts
roots chargers were designed for carbs yes. only 3 types of superchargers to my knoledge , roots , nothing more than fan blades pushing air , outdated and unefective really by todays standards. a twin screw charger(also known as lysholm i think it is) , ive never seen this technology on any honda but the K engines. this is the kind of charger a V8 would run , top fuel dragsters and such(intake mounted supercharger). for a honda it would replace the intake manifold completely and run off a belt as all SC do. last but certainly not least the centrifugal charger as i mentioned earlier. a simple explanation would be the compressor half of a turbo , but instead of a turbine spun by your exhaust , it runs off a belt.
So the new ss cobalts dont have them?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Roots really aren't outdated, they have been out for a while, but aren't outdated. Centrifugal and Roots are both good S/C's they just have a different power delivery. One has more bottom end tq and the other comes on stronger at the top.

·
Registered
311 Posts
lol what do you expect blackd read it lol jk

·
Registered
4.3 S10 prerunner
575 Posts
THey will work on a honda and do.
If they are so outdated why do top fuel dragsters use them for over 3000hp?

·
Registered
01 civic lx
310 Posts
Top fuel dragsters use a screw type which build pressure inside the supercharger unlike roots but nice try though + they have a distinct sound like the kennybell and wippels and super pricey

1 - 20 of 38 Posts