Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i been looking around for a turbo or a supercharge.. i found 1000000000 turbos but not one supercharge for a d16..
i know that not a lot of ppl use them in their hondas but if somebody knows any page or somebody that is selling one please let me know.
thanks

·
Poop Sock
3,798 Posts
think there are actually two on here for sale. But you arent allowed into the fs section yet. the will only put you in the 160-180whp range anyways. I had one on a gsr before but those jrsc's are bigger than the d16 ons. keep looking around

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i dont want to run more than 250-300hp for now.. and for what i found a s.c is easier to install and required less maintenance than a turbo, plug no lag, but that will depend on the turbo of course.
im still looking.. and learning is not like i need it now though

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks .. like i said if i am going to spend more than 1k i wanna make sure i get the right thing

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
with my own personal experience turbos are easier to install than a JRSC kit. a small turbo will get you to 200-250whp easy and spool really quick. either way I think $1000 limit is a bit low for either setup. you have to factor in injectors, fuel pump, engine management, a tune, ARP head studs, a new head gasket, water pump, thermostat, gaskets and seals all around, etc... well to make it reliable that is. cheap setups aren't good, and good setups aren't cheap.

·
Poop Sock
3,798 Posts
s/c'ers like commpression though. so you could always go that route. i know it's not the same but i had some itr pistons in my gsr with a jrsc and 3" exhaust and that thing could get it. it could beat my wrx for sure. find a tuner before you buy anything though. it would suck to only find one tuner and they dont know s/cers

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I always like turbos better. Easier yo just up the boost then hunt down pullys. Also all the SC for the d arent really made to much any more so thats why there hard to find. But like others said hunt around for a used jackson racing sc and hope everything is there. $600-$800 is what they go for plus your need a tune and bigger injectors.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
there is one fs on here and i think 3-4 of them fs on HT....

98hatch what part of cincy are you from? there are lots of cincy people on here

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mean 1k as an example I know that a good set up will be $$,
I live in west chester

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
cool cool not too far from me im over on the westside....

have to wait until you get 65 posts and or mod approval to see the FS/wtb threads here....

have you kept an eye out on css? or 502ss? i know there was an entire SOHC JRSC setup on 502 a few weeks ago, dont know if it is still fs though

·
Registered
472 Posts
Pm me if you are interested in my jrsc I am selling, had it on ht for a bit. Was going to go b series but now back to boosting my d, going turbo though. The jrsc d16 kits are getting harder to find, but def fun having the power right there. Add ons like meth injection make a huge difference, main thing with a supercharged is keeping the iat down, high boost won't make shit for power on a jrsc if it's blowing hot air!

·
Registered
201 Posts
even I thought of going for a sc but couldnt find any kit that was complete and was missing lot of pieces, so I decided to go with turbo

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@93 red ls. i dont get in css too much. but i will look.
im still looking because im looking to upgrade the brakes and suspention frist.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will these be good for 300 hp? Driveshaft Shop Level 2.9 Axle for the Civic
any body tried them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It seems that Jackson Racing was really the only game in town for superchargers and they are not even manufacturing a D-series kit anymore. Has the market really disappeared? I would consider one.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I think if there was a kit using the MP62, people would buy them.
Continuing to make kits using the M45 is stupid considering that a small turbo will be WAY better in every conceivable way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts