Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so if i was to supercharge my new motor which would have better results and would be easier to find parts for a d15b or a dohc zc and i have searched and had no luck on this sub. so please get back to me

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
D15B....

Cpt. Indecisive!!!!

·
11,969 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D15B....

Cpt. Indecisive!!!!
shut up man jk jk i have had a lot of trouble with money and i am finally getting back on track and i am just trying to get my car running good and running safe without worrying about blowing another motor up

·
Banned
56 Posts
i am doing stock internals and want a quick car so i am gonna go sc unless yall can convince me otherwise
What exactly do stock internals have to do with anything in this case? You can run the same amount of WHP with either SC or turbo on stock internals. Turbo is just better as far as efficiency. I guess SC would have slightly better throttle response, but if you use a good turbo that's matched to your specific goals, throttle response shouldn't be an issue. SC=parasite where as turbo=model of efficiency. But ultimately it's up to you and whatever research you've done. There's this noob's two cents.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Here we go again. A guy has a question about a S/C and it gets turned into a S/C vs turbo thread. S/Cs add more than just some throttle response. They apply boost immediately and peak at about 3500rpm which which gives you lots of low end torque. IMO it seems to be ideal for a stop and go daily driver applications. In straight out racing applications turbo is the way to go because it will deliver more peak HP but at high rpms.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^^^that is the answer i was looking for i am more or less building a car for corners so i figured nothing could be better than an sc

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What exactly do stock internals have to do with anything in this case? You can run the same amount of WHP with either SC or turbo on stock internals. Turbo is just better as far as efficiency. I guess SC would have slightly better throttle response, but if you use a good turbo that's matched to your specific goals, throttle response shouldn't be an issue. SC=parasite where as turbo=model of efficiency. But ultimately it's up to you and whatever research you've done. There's this noob's two cents.
i just dont trust turbos man

·
11,969 Posts
i just dont trust turbos man
truly, its not about trusting the turbo or the turbo kit. you should trust the mechanic/builder that puts it on your car and trust that you will not abuse it & push it way beyond its limit. i love boost and am addicted to it! just just not on hondas....

my past mitsubishi & toyta cars: hell yes
my honda: NA is best.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
truly, its not about trusting the turbo or the turbo kit. you should trust the mechanic/builder that puts it on your car and trust that you will not abuse it & push it way beyond its limit. i love boost and am addicted to it! just just not on hondas....

my past mitsubishi & toyta cars: hell yes
my honda: NA is best.
well i am trying to be somewhat responsible and save some money becuz me and my gf have been together for almost a year and i have to have a car thats ready to pass emitions in a month and i am trying to get her something too

and the only mechanic or shop that does turbos is top end fab in my town and they are super high price and i just need something for lowend power but i still love boost man its just that a supercharger is plug and play and i am trying to keep my priorities in line

·
11,969 Posts
word. i feel ya. im keeping my civic NA was gonna boost it but nope...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i know that is why i am glad i am getting a d15b cause it will be fun to do while i save money and i am also considering n/a but i want to have a quick car and havnt seen very amny good results from n/a cars

1 - 20 of 75 Posts