Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which turbo exactly and which waste gate?
3076R and a 44mm wastegate

Have u checked ur boost control page? assuming ur using a ebc
Just on wastegate rn

What Slo said. You're turbo is running out of breath, or you have a boost leak that is slow to open initially, then leaks like a wizards sleeve, or your wastegate is creeping open under power.
That’s a good point I’ll look at it

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,779 Posts
With a 3076r on a D series, you most likely are bypassing an eBay style waste gate's ability to control boost and its being forced open. Is the turbo like a maxspeedingrods or something?

Obligatory here. Your parts don't exactly match the engine you chose to use. So, yeah. It isn't really ever going to be efficient, but it shouldn't drop boost like that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With a 3076r on a D series, you most likely are bypassing an eBay style waste gate's ability to control boost and its being forced open. Is the turbo like a maxspeedingrods or something?

Obligatory here. Your parts don't exactly match the engine you chose to use. So, yeah. It isn't really ever going to be efficient, but it shouldn't drop boost like that.
Actually just solved the problem, it was tuning out a couple rich spots. Makes and holds 20 psi now almost perfectly with my maxpeedingrods turbo and eBay wastegate. Has worked for other people for years, and it’s worked for me.

Pulls hard, hella linear. Goes to show you don’t need the fancy stuff

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,779 Posts
Actually just solved the problem, it was tuning out a couple rich spots. Makes and holds 20 psi now almost perfectly with my maxpeedingrods turbo and eBay wastegate. Has worked for other people for years, and it’s worked for me.

Pulls hard, hella linear. Goes to show you don’t need the fancy stuff
Dude, you don't know what the word linear means, so stop using it. Linear, as in an arching power band that begins somewhere right off idle, not beginning at 5500 rpms like that 3076r is (I'm sure it linearly blows the tires away in boost). You act like we don't know exactly what you have and exactly how it will respond when installed on a D16. You probably also think its making 500 wheel and that's what you're telling all the stancy boi's because you outran that one 5.0 Mustang that was probably automatic and he just couldn't drive. STFU.

You literally disappear for weeks, show up, have a problem, ask for help, we try to help. Now you're acting like a rich/lean condition was the issue of it not building positive pressure. I've tried a few times to help, and I know that you've used our knowledge base to fix problems that you probably wouldn't admit to, but seriously dude. Don't act like a jack ass. Ew, look at me, I was right, for now. Old boomers don't know what they're talking about. I never said that crap wouldn't work for a while. It will, but when it fails it will be a grand and glorious failure that will likely take out other parts of your engine. That's fine, some of us learned from the school of hard knocks, and try to help you wet behind the ear know it all types to not make the same mistakes, but have at it. You only want to be right. And those types of people don't want help, they just want to be right. So good luck with that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dude, you don't know what the word linear means, so stop using it. Linear, as in an arching power band that begins somewhere right off idle, not beginning at 5500 rpms like that 3076r is (I'm sure it linearly blows the tires away in boost). You act like we don't know exactly what you have and exactly how it will respond when installed on a D16. You probably also think its making 500 wheel and that's what you're telling all the stancy boi's because you outran that one 5.0 Mustang that was probably automatic and he just couldn't drive. STFU.

You literally disappear for weeks, show up, have a problem, ask for help, we try to help. Now you're acting like a rich/lean condition was the issue of it not building positive pressure. I've tried a few times to help, and I know that you've used our knowledge base to fix problems that you probably wouldn't admit to, but seriously dude. Don't act like a jack ass. Ew, look at me, I was right, for now. Old boomers don't know what they're talking about. I never said that crap wouldn't work for a while. It will, but when it fails it will be a grand and glorious failure that will likely take out other parts of your engine. That's fine, some of us learned from the school of hard knocks, and try to help you wet behind the ear know it all types to not make the same mistakes, but have at it. You only want to be right. And those types of people don't want help, they just want to be right. So good luck with that.
I don’t have a grudge against you, it’s just messed up when you call my car that I have spent so much time and money on, that I really care about “inefficient.” Ya it might not be the best running car ever, but it’s my car and I love all of it, even it’s inefficiency’s. A perfect car doesn’t exist. You have never even seen my car, and you talk bad about it, saying I am doing stuff wrong. It might not be the best but it’s my car, not yours. So please just be respectful. I don’t think I’ve ever been disrespectful to you.

And then personal insults, it’s never called for and in my opinion, is not a professional way to talk

By the way, this is my first time ever building a car. I built this whole motor, tuned a base map for E85, and everything else all by myself, and I’m 18. A senior in high school. Like I said, build is not perfect. But for my first time ever doing something like this, I’m beyond happy with this car. Just sucks that others can’t celebrate with me

·
Formerly weebeastie
1,779 Posts
By the way, this is my first time ever building a car. I built this whole motor, tuned a base map for E85, and everything else all by myself, and I’m 18. A senior in high school. Like I said, build is not perfect. But for my first time ever doing something like this, I’m beyond happy with this car. Just sucks that others can’t celebrate with me

You still don't get it. And it's because you're young. And yes, I am being hard on you.

We keep trying to help you succeed.

I keep trying to help you succeed. And not just for a few weeks or months, but for the long haul.

I'm not trying to insult you or your car. You would know if that was my goal. I've just been around so many people in past that will "build" their engine, then blow it up a few times, they blame the car for their mistakes and another Civic/Honda gets thrown away when it wasn't the cars fault. I'm actually trying to get you to be open to learning from people that have done this or do it professionally and have made all of the mistakes that you have or are making. Literally trying to help you and your car be faster, more efficient, and more reliable. I burned you a little bit because you ask questions and then seem to answer them yourself. You can not fix a boost issue by tuning the fuel maps unless it was literally running so pig rich that is was in 8's/9's and choking itself so it couldn't build boost because it couldn't build RPM. That's why I started flaming.

The grudge match comment has nothing to do with me not liking you or wanting to fight. A grudge match is a drag race that happens because one or both parties can't stop talking crap to each other. Most of what I say is in jest, so don't take it too seriously, but do be honest. BE HONEST.

That is all.

Kudos on you building your own car, and doing so at a young age. I did the same thing with not a lot of help. Learn the lessons now young Padowan, and when you get to be my age, you'll be more than prepared to help some new young guy out, even if that means you have to be a little hard on him.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kudos on you building your own car, and doing so at a young age. I did the same thing with not a lot of help. Learn the lessons now young Padowan, and when you get to be my age, you'll be more than prepared to help some new young guy out, even if that means you have to be a little hard on him.
You’re totally right man, I guess I was implying earlier that you were wrong. I just didn’t give you all the info. It was pig rich like you said. We had only tuned it for a half an hour before. I appreciate your willingness to help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts