Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Wife and the Car
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys another race in round 4. We qualify on pole and win.
The good news is I can now share live streaming with you and even recorded videos. This is the link
Recorded video - last link
15th JK Tyre National Racing Championship round-4 day one

We are car #39 driven by Arjun Balu.
Some nice action in this race.

Fastest lap of the race also in the bag.

Needless to say. Car / Driver / Team working together like a Swiss clock.

·
Premium Member
The Wife and the Car
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My driver is the best goes without saying.
We worship his skills. The guy who designed the dampers super skills. The guys who handle setup. Superb skills. Its takes a lot of skills to win a championship.

As to Hondas not braking. Im not so sure. Ive seen at least 10 Honda blow up in this series in under 2 years. One car 4 times and the other about 5. The heat & humidity we race under can not be imagined.

In fact people have such a tough time with Hond's that from a possible 5 cars on the grid its now drooped down to only 2 hondas left on the grid. But Im glad we are not the only Honda on the grid. Else they would say only reason your wining is because you have a honda. lol

Its a six round season. We just finished round 4.
Not one PSI variation on any of my 4 cylinders. And leak down on all 4 cylinders is under 1%. Just like the day I put it together.

This will probably be my last season in racing. Others tell me wining is addictive and Ill be back for more. But I think life is much more peaceful and less stress full off the race track. There is just too much politics, back biting and general nastiness in racing. Like my Guru says. You will find very few nice people at a race track.

In an effort to dis-credit my hard work. Rumors have started that our engine is being built and tuned in Australia. Then the next day. The rumor is that it was built in the USA. I mean come on how petty can people get. I built this frigging engine on my Dining table. And if I opt to do the backup engine it will be built on my dining table again.

I thought if we win. It would finally shut everybody up. Instead the stories and theories get nastier.

I just dont get this mentality.
Driver is told only reason your wining. Is because you have a powerful reliable engine.
Engine builder is told only reason your wining is because you have a good driver.
And the final under the belt shot is oh you must be cheating.
Come on. We worshiped the guys who beat us whole of last year. Whats wrong with a good job team. Instead of all this BS.

We had serious issues with our LSD. So this time there was no 17 second lead over the competition. Just a few seconds. But with these two wins. We now lead the championship.
Once again I would like to thank the D-Family for their continued support I couldn't have done it without your help. It feels good to share this win with you guys.

I have no tensions cause we now have enough Av-Gas / 100 LL octane to see us thru till the end of the season. Next year we hope the rules will be changed to only run pump.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
Their hate is actually a compliment.

It means they hold you in awe and admit they have no chance to beat you on the track so they can only resort to hate.

·
Premium Member
The Wife and the Car
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Im a simple Hippy at heart man. Just cant deal with all this BS. And hating. Prefer sitting under my coconut tree. Building engines with friends / for friends.

Anyway I thought Id share an action shot with you. This happened in Round 4.

Everybody hates the crashes and spills but they do provide the best entertainment.

Same incident shot from end of pit lane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U3ncrPxCTM&feature=youtu.be

The other action was the Zen vs Baleno where both cars spun out that is on the video link I posted earlier.

Our plan to stay out of the bumping cars was to get the car to qualify on pole and then just lead. Thanks to our superb team & driver the plan is working so far. LOL.

I cant keep saying this every time I win. So bare with me.
Thanks to the D-Family for putting up with me.
Thanks to JR for Neptune
Thanks to -Dave Blundell Moates.net Support (Whom I now love) LOL
Thanks to Bone, JD, Dan, and all the countless others who helped along the way.
In honor of you guys I finally signed up for my life time member ship. Weather I continue to tune honda's or not going forward it was a fun 2 years. And Im going to own a honda car in my stable for the rest of my life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts