Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is on its way out and I am looking to upgrade. I'm planning on doing this build on the super cheap (400 or less). I will be getting the block and most likely the head out of a junk yard so selection is limited. I was just wondering what block is a good base to start with. My plan it to rebuild the block and ether run high compression or go with 4-7 psi of boost. Any suggestions a block choice?

I was also wondering if the pistons on ebay are oem or an off brand? None of them say so I'm thinking off brand.

-Thanks

·
Registered
330 Posts
D16Z6 is considered the best by most on here.

FJT (Forum Sponser located in the classified section) sells Super Kit engine rebuild kits for around $300 and includes everything from valve cover to oil pan. Add in a little machine work and you have yourself a quality budget build in your price range.

1st you must decide on boost or n/a to ensure your rebuild fits your goals.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
I doubt youll be able to boost for 400. Your gonna need to get the motor runnin first and thats where the rebuild kit (FJT) would come in

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not counting the turbo or any other items in the 400. $400 for the block, head, and parts for the rebuild only. I'm mainly wondering if I should go w/ a 1.6 or 1.5. I dont really know what the difference is (other than the stroke).

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
1.6 is just easier to find aftermarket parts for...thus the reason I'm sticking with Z6 everything!

Good luck, I'm just starting my motor build. Get ACL bearings in the mail today!

·
Registered
1994 EH9
616 Posts
^^^yeah my fav is the z6,thats what i got,and i just got my acl bearings in the mail a few days ago. CAnt wait to put my bitch back together!!Sick and tired of that garbage 1.5 temp replacement smoking when i touch the gas. Z6

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
engines by choice in the junk yard, most peoples list:

d16z6
d16a6
d16y8
d16y7

personal choices:
d16a6
d16y7
d16z6