Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as it states I have a PR4 question. A buddy of mine got an ECU from a "tuner" from so-cal. It has a "mugen" chip in it and does not rev past 3k. Now he has a 87(i think) integra, with a d16a1 in it. Its a DOHC, and from what i gather it is the same as the DOHC ZC. So now I have his PR4 ECU and he wants me to burn him a new map. So here where the problem is. Does crome work for obd0 roms? what would be the BEST base map to start with? He has stage two cams, cause hes an ass, and NO other mods. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
k ty matt. Also, no base map for turbo edit.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
WTF do you mean there is no basemap for TE? YOU build basemaps in TurboEdit instead of relying on some honky-ass crap from a decade ago built into crome using who knows what.

Email me. I've got something for you, most likely, but I'll need more info about the car.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
the legit zc has slightly more aggressive cams. where as the a1's cams are a bit detuned if that makes sense. the a1 and zc are similar but also at the same time not the same.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
The A1s are HORRIFICALLY detuned. They make less power stock than any of the VTEC SOHC, which is a shame.

Slapping in a JDM ZC intake manifold, throttle body, cams and making sure the exhaust is opened up will raise the power up to JDM ZC standards, for sure. The A1 intake manifold is disgustingly bad. The header is terrible. The cams are crippled.

·
Registered
431 Posts
a1 cams are slightly different 86,87 from 88,89 but yes all the 1g teg cams are detuned. the heads are also different from 86-87 from 88-89 especially in the combustion chambers. the 86-87 had flat top pistons and a smaller combustion chamber. whereas the 88-89 had a pentroof construction and domed pistons, much better quench. but milling down the head will help out even more. the best bet for the a1 is to find some pm7 zc cams and cam gears. 4g dohc (92-95) intake manifold coupled with your favorite turbo manifold and turn up the boost!!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
simple task then. buy some good quality regrinds, chop the intake flange and make an adapter for regular D series, and port an ebay header and toss on. acidbeaver magic tune, and bam, over 130 crankhorse and sipping fuel while cruising.

BAMF status will be achieved

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Acidbeav has hooked it up!! Thanks all.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Did you burn the bin and try it yet? I'm just wondering if it made much of a difference. I've not tuned a mostly stock A1 before. I always advise people to ditch the A1 IM as soon as possible since they suck so bad. heh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts