Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone! I am going to be replacing the headliner in my EX with a black liner instead of the gray one that is in there now. This unfortunately leaves the piece of rubber that seals it around the sunroof gray still so the color won't match. I am thinking about using one of those spray rubber sealants to put a coat over it to make it black as well since I assume spray paint will crack when I try to install it. Has anyone done this before or know a better thing to do?

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something like this would work? 6 oz. Forever Black Dye Refill w/applicator

Can't post links yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The dye would probably be your best option. You could try interior paint on it. Not sure if that would last long or stick good to the rubber though.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once the weather warms up and I start yanking out the interior I will let you know how it went. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you take some pics and post them. I would be interested in pulling mine down and changing the cloth on the sunroof liner. Mine is tore.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic EX
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will do that. We are going to gut the entire inside and repaint, install new seats, put in new carpet and re-do the headliner.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah please do a diy for the removal. I would like to do some new interior on my sedan daily. I'm good at ripping everything out for the track car because i dont care about breaking it or anything, but with the dd i want nice clean rattle free on the inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts