Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so in the new issue of popular hot rodding(body and paint issue) there is an artical about a new paint system summit racing has come out with, here is a link to the popular hot roding website http://blogs.popularhotrodding.com/6340035/tech/summit-paint-system/index.html

has anyone tried this? they have some very cool looking colors including metallics, and everything needed can be bought for under $500 bucks, all components mix at a 4:1 ratio, so very easy for a first timer.

i really wanna repaint my civic this summer and was thinking about the whole rustoleum route, but its not the greatest method and i want clear, plus the body on my civic is so clean for its age and rust free, i dont wanna F it up, and unless the rustoleum method is done to perfection i dont think it comes out all that impressive.

any thoughts on this? i really would like to keep it under a macco paint job cost, i know it can be done just wondering if this is what i should shoot for?

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you have a place to paint like a garage and an air compressor i'd go for it. I'd try to practice on something else before your car but its definitely a better method than the rustoleum paint job. (not knocking it) but you will def. get a better finish with this method. If I had a place to paint i'd try it for sure.

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
That looks pretty interesting! I'd give that a try if you have the equipment and a place to spray the car. Rustoleum sucks for painting cars. You are always better off sticking to automotive type paints. A two part paint aimed at the home enthusiast sounds like a winner to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts