Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I drive a 98lx auto with 165k on the odo. I'm starting the search for some good summer tires for some vx wheels I just acquired. As far as I could find, the OE vx spec are 165/70r13.. Which not many company offer anymore. People also recommend running 175/70-13. A little better selection.
What do you guy think?
Being auto I'm not concern with performance, but more fuel economy. Any improvement over current mpg would be nice..
Current setup is still OE steelis with some cheap all season tires, bought it that way. Current all season tires didn't do so good even on lightly coated snow fall. Tread are plenty but poor grip..

·
Registered
93 DX
20 Posts
Summer tires are performance tires and not the low rolling resistance kind. There are performance Street oriented rubber for 13" tires but you'll need to import them. Probably not what you want. Get some cheap 15" wheels and buy whatever tire is on a Prius. That is probably the best mpg answer.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,665 Posts
Summer tires are performance tires and not the low rolling resistance kind. There are performance Street oriented rubber for 13" tires but you'll need to import them. Probably not what you want. Get some cheap 15" wheels and buy whatever tire is on a Prius. That is probably the best mpg answer.
Dear Sir, the clueless one, explain the "summer" performance LRR tires I have on Mazda Miata rims mounted to my 89 CRX HF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts