Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
89 crx si
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was think about getting a turbo for my d15b7 with 140k mi, There was a turbo installed before i bought it, im just wondering if i should replace of few parts or do a full rebuild. Its gonna be my daily so i dont want much psi. My car is already setup for nos so i may finish the system because i only need the bottle and a few hoses. So should i just put the parts on and go or rebuild first

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
do a full rebuild, so you know that all the gaskets, seals, and bearings are good to go...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
if the motor is healthy why bother...does it smoke? Do a compression check, leakdown test, and check oil pressure if you want to.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
do a full rebuild, so you know that all the gaskets, seals, and bearings are good to go...
dont do a full rebuild... he sadi the car is already turbo and he only wants it for low boost.... why do a full rebuild if its for low boost and the motor runs fine???

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
maybe i'm just paranoid...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
dont do a full rebuild... he sadi the car is already turbo and he only wants it for low boost.... why do a full rebuild if its for low boost and the motor runs fine???
Reading owns you. He said there was a turbo on it before he bought and it is set up for spray. Like mentioned above, do a compression check and leak down test. If all is good, boost that bitch. I boosted mine up to 198,000 miles on 8-8.5 psi with my greddy kit. The only reason I pulled it then was to put in my built bottom end to be able to crank it up :cool:

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Reading owns you. He said there was a turbo on it before he bought and it is set up for spray. Like mentioned above, do a compression check and leak down test. If all is good, boost that bitch. I boosted mine up to 198,000 miles on 8-8.5 psi with my greddy kit. The only reason I pulled it then was to put in my built bottom end to be able to crank it up :cool:
I agree with duck. If compression test is good and it has no problems (burning oil/coolant/etc), then go ahead and boost, but I'd plan on getting a Z6 to replace it, it has better rods if I'm not mistaken.

The only way to make SURE it'll be alright is to do a full rebuild, so if you want to skip that, fine, just be ready for a blown engine in case there was a problem you missed, ya know? Err on the side of caution...

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
im sorry... read his post and all the others and forgot he said it was turboed before... and not now... but yeah if it doesnt smoke boost it and passes comp test boost it....... but build another motor on the side haha cuz your gonna want more boost like all of us do.:thehump:

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
use a catch can if this is your DD. you'll thank yourself in the morning.
haha, see ongoing pissing contest thread on how to set it up too ;)

As the others said, if the motor checks out okay, boost it. Just pick up a spare z6 or something for the off-chance. You'll get tired of 8psi .

Make sure you tune it, that should ensure a lot more sexy time on your motor :D

·
Registered
89 crx si
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think im tired of 8psi already wen i hear how much hp those z6s are puttin out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts