Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered these from Suja 1 motoring at the urging of PIC themselves.

I was given a very good price on the APEX (lower level non adjustable) coilovers that was better by about $50 than any of the other vendors carrying PIC’s products so that was a great start.

I emailed Suja 1 directly and would get replies back in minutes from a mobile address. This guy is available night and day and will answer all your questions. He will not ignore you. I ordered mine in 10k front/8k rear spring rates. He informed me up front that PIC wasn’t getting a new batch of coils for another two months and I knew that going in so I didn’t mind waiting.

As time went on it turns out that PIC cancelled manufacturing their line of APEX coils. Suja 1 informed me immediately and offered me a refund and a few other options. (PIC is only making the higher end PIC selects (rs2 and rs3) and concentrating on upgrading those through some R&D).

Since I was patient and waited over 3 months Suja 1 worked with me on it and I got the newly designed 8 way adjustable PIC selects in the rates I wanted for the SAME price as the original Apex coils ($795+ insurance for shipping)

Top notch service from Suja One. Use them!

As for the coilovers themselves…I’ll have them on my CRX in the next two weeks so ill update it post install. I can’t wait to see how these respond. I’ll be going from struts/springs from 1991 to these. I’m looking for a good solid connection to the road. It’s going to be handling over comfort as I plan on tracking this car in the near future (hence the stiff spring rates)

Aesthetics: 10/10 beautiful product, dust boots on the interior of the shafts, heavy duty chip resistant coating and the white powder on the springs jumps out at you. The silver PIC color is very nice and all the welds and forming are spot on.

Build quality: 9/10 they’re heavy and feel very sturdy. The springs are beastly on these things. The top hats are the nicest I’ve ever seen on any coils I’ve ever owned. All the collars and threading spins nicely and the design is very smart. The R&D is evident.

More to come after these are installed.

Attachments

·
MuthaFuckaUppa
2009 Civic Si Sedan
551 Posts
Suja1 is bad ass. Great guys.
I go to them for dyno runs, even though they are more than an hour away.
They are pretty reasonable on tuning if you need it, and they wont bull shit you around. If you need it they will get it.
PICs are bad ass. I haven't bought any yet, however a friend had them on his four door GSR and was damn fast in his SCCA events, with minimum engine work.

They also have a kick ass BBQ every year.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i got these on my CRX tonight and i must say...they kick ass.
they hold the corners down so solidly and nearly ALL of my side to side body roll is eliminated. the car stays planted and definitely feels faster and more responsive in the steering.

the ride quality is better than i expected even slammed down pretty good on 8k/10k spring rates (PA roads are crap) with the dampening on its highest setting. softer for daily driving would be fine but i dont mind a bumpy ride. i like to feel connected to the road.

THESE ARE THE BEST INVESTMENT IVE EVER MADE IN CAR PARTS BAR NONE! 10/10

they also went on in about an hour with not a single issue and they are easily adjsutable. im dropped about 1-3/4" in the front and 2" in the rear for now. even on a crx with 3- year old bushings it still handles like a dream and its considerably more nimble in the corners.

i highly recommend them to anyone wanting a serious set of coils. theyre amazing so far and the fine people at suja are great to deal with. check them out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts