Honda D Series Forum banner

Suggestions for 91 EF hatch suspension

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Henry44 
#1 ·
I have brand new kyb rear struts but not sure what springs to put on. I have da teg tein s techs but I was told they are too tall and will lift the back. I'm just trying to match the ride height in the front which has s techs in the front all ready and just change out the rears for anything other than the blown pos shits in them now. I have eBay coil overs as well but I'd like to stay away from that. Just trying to match the front like I said not low as hell. Trying to avoid buying a new set of s techs really because again I was told the DA integra s techs are too long. One last thingthe new kyb's are 87-89 accord struts which are supposed to be 1'' shorter body than EF springs providing a bit of a drop. Side by side comparison of DA, stock EF, and the 87-89 accord struts seems like the accord has a way longer body and the shaft will set in the body of the strut moreso than other struts with lowering springs which I take it will be a bad thing? Idk what the hell I'm doing though

#4 ·
cutting springs on your own ride is one thing. suggesting it to others is foolish.

find a rear tein s set. they pop on ebay form time to time, and on craigslist

#5 · (Edited)
That was a wall of text for maybe 3 main points...

Just like your det post: :ttiwwop:

You spent all that time explaining the different damper heights, and I can neither confirm nor deny your question with accuracy...

Cheapest/fastest method seems to be to go with the ebay coils if your main point is to not spend any more cash.

Matt, Robgoof drives a "ditch motor", because he found it in a ditch. Let that sink in...

#6 ·
I don't know about the Accord struts, but as for the Civic and Integra suspension here is a quick rundown.

The Da struts I believe are 1.5 inches longer then the EF struts. This is above the Perch. The DA struts will be stiffer then the EF struts. In the end both the DA an EF struts will keep the car at the same height when installed with whatever springs, just the DA will give slightly better dampening.

As for springs the EF will sit higher using any DA springs. You should bite the bullet and get springs made specifically for the EF. Unless you are looking for performance gains stick with springs made for your car. It will just make life easier for you. I am sure you should be able to find used springs for your car relatively cheap if you can't shell out for new springs.

#7 ·
do not recommend da struts and forks on an ed/ef.

#9 ·
why would you want to install a strut designed for a nother vehicle that is instantly compressed 1.5 inches into a car somneone is already probably lowering?

that would destroy the strut in a matter of months.

#11 ·
I think you would be better off with a late 80s accord if you want that.

the ed/ef chassis is not strong

the eg chassis would be a better and more durable choice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.