Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a d15b and i would like to do a slightly mild build on a y8 head. i want to do a P&P with a cam but i dont really know what all to go with. this will def be on a budget so im curious as to what people have used that works/or doesnt work. i already have a y8 IM. so any info i would appreciate, thanks.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
send the cam to delta to have it reground, there is a great GB price going on right now.

could do some mild port work head smoothing yourself.

springs guess look around for someone selling some

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what will delta do to the cam? will they make it more aggresive? how aggresive they make the cam will determine the springs that i will need. i plan on getting a complete y8 head. as for the polishing and what not i do not trust myself enough to do something like that so i will let someone who knows what they are doing take care of that.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I wouldnt do any porting.
Just smooth out any casting marks in the bowls of the intake ports, and if you want polish the exhaust side, but I would advise against actually increase port size at all.

·
Registered
193 Posts
is it boosted or going to be boosted?

i rebuilt my head this summer

z6 head
59000 zex cam
stock springs/valves/retainers
new guides, seals and gasket kit

just over $900 cad

add $500 for aftermarket spring/valves/retainers

just to give you an idea

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its going to be an n/a dd so i cant do something to radical, since i will still have to drive it the next day.
rdc, how much are you talkin about shaving? i wanted to do a little bit to bring up the compression a little but im not sure how much.

·
Premium Member
92 civic cx hatch
1,012 Posts
just do some cleanup porting/bowl porting and get a regrind to fit your application from delta which they will have and button it all back up shouldnt be any more than $400 all together for a nice flowing head to your application depending on who you have do the work

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
he was talking about having the head milled down to raise the compression.

with a 260 grind you can still run stock springs has long has your not going past stock revlimit, some have done this with a 272 grind to

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
skip the p/p work. theres not much to be gained there for the $. get an intake instead then.....
260 or 272 cam regrind from delta (bout 100 or so)
mill the head .030-.040 ($35-50 usually)
denso iridium spark plugs ($60 or so)
supertech springs or two sets of y8 exhaust springs ($80-125)

total = $350-400 tops

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok thanks everyone now i have a plan on what to do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts