Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was intro'd to this sweetner (syrup-like consistency) a week ago, been using in granola cereal and even cooked up some bread bowls with it. Works friggin great! I wonder if they make Horchata with this? :beer:

It's supposed to be pretty healthy, even safe for diabetics to use as it breaks down slow in the system.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
I was intro'd to this sweetner (syrup-like consistency) a week ago, been using in granola cereal and even cooked up some bread bowls with it. Works friggin great! I wonder if they make Horchata with this? :beer:

It's supposed to be pretty healthy, even safe for diabetics to use as it breaks down slow in the system.
Sounds good but is it a bone seeker like high fructose corn syrup?

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts
Has anyone tried this stuff in coffee? I really need to knock out my sugar
in my coffee intake. That's where all my sugar comes from. I drink pots
a day.

·
Registered
^^^^
2,129 Posts
My mom is the same way. Instant human...just add coffee. This might help her too.
Haha! For real, dude. The sugar I'm taking in a day is just nuts. I have to
stop. I won't be cutting down on coffee anytime soon 'cause it keeps me
running...but the sugar can definitely be taken out of the equation if
possible.

·
Registered
801 Posts
this stuff is good i use it here to sweeten my green tea.

also use stevia.

will use splenda in a pinch but prefer the above two as they don't have negative impacts on the body.

·
Registered
a hatch
1,423 Posts
Mexicans been using that shit since the beginning of time, has certain properties to it that aspirin has as well

·
Registered
12 Posts
dude this stuff is great my mom introduced it to me because our family has a really bad history of diabetes. It has a really low sugar or glycogen or whatever index so its great for people who have diabetes or are trying to avoid it. I use it everyday in my morning yogurt/gronola/fruit/whateverthefuckiwannaadd

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
don't avoid sugar.....but avoid processed sugar! Eat your fruits!
thats not what they told me in my diabetes class!! :pinch:

no, i am not diabetic. just getting closer as i march to 30 yrs old. so classes on how to eat are starting to make there way on my "to do" list.

i heard about this substitute last week, but have yet to try any. we shall see....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts