Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just purchased a 5 point harness and i was able to get the shoulder straps and the lap belts bolted down but i need help looking for a place or a how to on putting on the sub belt plz anyone have any experience with this.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Please don't take this wrong, but are you planning on putting these in a Civic? Is your car running 8.90's in the quarter? I have $5 that says the sub belt will sit on the floor 99.99999% of the time. But back to answer your question, here ya go, straight from Simpson Racing.....

Lap Belt must be anchored to the frame rail or roll cage as close to the hip as possible at an angle of 45 degrees, but no greater than 60 degrees to the ground.

5-Point Anti-Submarine Belt should be anchored on or slightly behind the Chest Line1.

6-Point Anti-Submarine Belt should be anchored at an angle of 20 degrees behind the Chest Line as measured from the intersection of the Chest Line and the lap belt buckle. Mounts should be approximately 8 to 12 inches apart (approximately located under each hip and as close to the body as possible). Two routing holes in the seat or a special seat mount may be required. Using the 5-Point hole detracts from the effectiveness of this system.

Or if you are sitting Gangsta in your Civic.......use this diagram.

Center Shoulder to Center Hip angles between 30 to 50 degrees to the ground.

Lap Belt anchors must be positioned at an angle of 60 degrees in relation to the Back Line2 and mounted to the frame rail or roll cage as close to the hip as possible.

5-Point Anti-Submarine Belt should be anchored approximately 10 degrees behind the Chest Line as measured from the intersection of the Chest Line and the lap belt buckle.

6-Point Anti-Submarine Belt should be anchored at an angle of 10 degrees behind the Chest Line |as measured from the intersection of the Chest Line and the lap belt buckle. Mounts should be approximately 8 to 12 inches apart (approximately located under each leg, even with the pelvis).

ALL SEATING POSITIONS
Anchor shoulder straps at point zero to 10 degrees below the top of the shoulder. Note: Preferred mount is as close to shoulder as possible.

Shoulder Harness Adjusters should be located in line with the bottom of the sternum (lower chest area).

During adjustment of the belts, make sure that webbing enters and exits straight and in-line with all adjusters and mounting hardware.

Just please tell me you are making an SCCA track car or drag strip queen......Because 15 second daily drivers look stupid with 5 point harnesses.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
5th point sucks.

my thoughts exactly, but im sure you have your reasons for use of it. it seems like the diagrams are quite useful if your gonna use it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes thank you the diagrams are verry usefull and yes the car is a dd right now but it is on its way to becomeing an scca track car as soon as i get my new dd which will be a
acura TL-S but thanks for the criticism lol

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Tl type S? you must be a balla!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i just became a tech for mercedes and am wanting something more reliable

·
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
aint nothin' wrong with that, bro. if you can afford it, go for it!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i cant wait i drove my friends and loved it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts