Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic EH 95
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I heared that some people cut off the restrictor if this injector, and it makes it flow like a 720CC injector. Those injectors fits also in civic.

Someone here tried it and has some thoughts?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
981 Posts
I've done it on newer bosch injectors , so I can't say anything about the denso ones.

It is a good idea to get a matched set that has been tested for flow...

I only use uncapped injectors cuz I'm a hack and don't care what others say about these methods.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
They are used all the time in Subarus. It really doesn't seem to have any major adverse affects. Not ideal I would imagine, but it works.

I haven't seen anyone post spray patterns post mod though.

I very well may be speaking out of my ass here, but I think that decapping and flow matching OEM injectors is pretty much what DeatschWerks does with their Subaru injectors.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
They are used all the time in Subarus. It really doesn't seem to have any major adverse affects. Not ideal I would imagine, but it works.

I haven't seen anyone post spray patterns post mod though.

I very well may be speaking out of my ass here, but I think that decapping and flow matching OEM injectors is pretty much what DeatschWerks does with their Subaru injectors.
8 years ago, yes, but nowadays it's all bespoke stuff

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
It's sort of like the old-fashioned garden hose tip. They use a disc-style valve, so it creates a flame-shape then it separates into droplets. Not very efficient, and sometimes there's chatter that slightly alters the pattern.

The two big problem is it alters latency, albeit slightly, and there's a vast mis-match of flow. You could get them flow tested, but that almost defeats the purpose. Decapped Densos have a 15% spread between the largest & smallest, which is one reason I've avoided them in favor for Bosch.

IMO you are better off with a big fuel pump & adj. FPR to crank the fuel. Most builds won't even max them out at the D's 38-40psi fuel pressure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Most likely the spray pattern is similar to these.

2002 ish camry injectors decapped, flowing 60lbs.

I chose these to try because they resemble the subaru injectors on the out side,internally they may be different.

They flowed pretty close, I only used the 1 3 4 and 6.

[/U[URL=http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/wrenchrz/media/IMG_20130606_175709_zpsjsdworng.jpg.html]
RL]

I've been running them for two years at 10lbs of boost with the fuel pressure cranked a little to aid atomization, still doesn't idle vary well and I'm not a good tuner.

My next engine will be getting IN injectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts