Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always liked the way WRXs sound so I was thinking of getting a WRX or other Subaru muffler and installing it on my car. Has anyone done this or heard of it being done?
Also, is there a difference in brands of resonators? Stock VS CherryBomb?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
the sound of the subaru is not on the muffler...

its the engine that producces that very particular subaru sound...

·
Banned
1,094 Posts
i was looking at sti muffler today cause they are 2.5inch, other than having sti branded on the muffler id get one cause i think they look nice and prolly sound okay on a honda.

·
Registered
96 hatch SIR
1,334 Posts
Whao kinda rice question, but I would want a G35 or 350Z muffler on mine if I can have my muffler tone sound like em if I just change the muffler.

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
the patented "subie sound" is from the boxer4 motor, not the exhaust. but i wouldnt mind hearing the sound of the WRX muffler on a honda....

but in all actuality, the only way you'll achieve the "subie sound" is to buy a subie

·
El Noob
98 Civic EX/ 86 MR2
2,794 Posts
Cell post: Or instead of buying the muffler. you can always add water to your injectors connections. that will make it sound just like a subby. Just be prepared to have a little bit of stalling. lol Washed my motor once and that happened lol some stupid guy with his girl got next to me on his cavalier trying to race me lol He's luky I wasn't running well but the sound was enjoyable for short while.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts